Michael Vick's agent denies jailed NFL star shopping a reality show
By Christopher Rocchio, 04/20/2009
Michael Vick apparently has no plans to appear in a reality series.
Vick's agent says that recent reports that the NFL star -- who is currently serving a 23-month federal sentence for dogfighting conspiracy -- is interested in starring in a reality series that would follow him once he is released from custody are "false," NFL.com reported Thursday.
"Any speculation of Mike doing a reality show is false," agent Joel Segal told NFL.com. "He has no interest in that. Absolutely false."
Segal's comments contradict last week's The Hollywood Reporter report that once Vick planned to be the focus of a reality series that would follow him as he attempted to correct past mistakes once he is released from custody on July 20.
In addition, the report also stated that Vick was already in talks with potential producers about developing the series, although a deal with any network to broadcast the show had yet to be inked.
While Segal has shot down reports about a potential series, Vick's attorneys previously told a judge at a bankruptcy hearing earlier this month that their client had agreed to a "television documentary deal" that would pay him $600,000.
Vick is scheduled to complete his sentence under home confinement beginning in May. About The Author:Christopher Rocchio
Christopher Rocchio is an entertainment reporter for Reality TV World and has covered the reality TV genre for several years.