The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' crowns Natalie Anderson winner
- Jeff Probst: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' wasn't what we hoped, but next season delivers
- '19 Kids & Counting' star Jim Bob Duggar: No petition can bring us down, we just gain more exposure
- 'MasterChef Junior' crowns Logan Guleff its Season 2 winner
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst sizes up 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' finale castaways
- The Voice coach Blake Shelton: Adam Levine may quit before I'm done bragging, Craig Wayne Boyd is the most deserving artist ever to win
- Sharon Osbourne loses tooth while co-hosting 'The Talk' live on TV
- Adrienne Bailon not holding a grudge against "amazing" Kardashians
- Craig Wayne Boyd on his 'The Voice' win: It's validation and feels wonderful
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' castoff Jon Misch talks (Part 3)
- Chris Soules talks about 'The Bachelor' and his dating experience (Part 3)
- 'The Voice' coach Blake Shelton's artist Craig Wayne Boyd wins seventh season, beating out Adam Levine's three finalists
- Jennifer Lopez: I've had enough with people criticizing me for dating younger men, it's no big deal
- 'The Voice' artist Matt McAndrew stuns coach Adam Levine with his original song "Wasted Love"
- 'The Bachelor' host Chris Harrison: Chris Soules' life on an Iowa farm becomes an issue for most of the women
- 'The Voice's Top 4 finalists each prove why they're worthy of winning
- Kris Jenner shows cleavage in Love magazine advent calendar
- 'The Bachelor' host Chris Harrison: There are five bachelorettes America should watch out for...
- Melanie Brown's husband shoots down rumors he physically abused her prior to 'The X Factor U.K.' finale
- Chris Soules talks about 'The Bachelor' and his dating experience (Part 2)
- 'The Amazing Race's Amy DeJong and Maya Warren survive penultimate leg, will compete in first-ever Final 4 for $1 million
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to a baby boy, her third child with Scott Disick
- Melanie Brown named judge for the U.K's 'The X Factor'
- Kristin Cavallari shares "naughty" Christmas photo