The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Bruce Jenner slapped with wrongful death lawsuit from February car crash that killed woman
- Kim Kardashian: Sex with Kanye West is "getting exhausting" just like renewing our vows would be
- Melissa Rivers: My mom Joan Rivers' death was "100 percent preventable"
- Dean McDermott: Tori Spelling is recovering and resting at home from severe grill burns
- Alfonso Ribeiro welcomes newborn son with wife Angela
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Melissa Gorga reveals Teresa Giudice's mental state in prison
- Kendall Jenner billboard in NYC vandalized with red paint in drone attack
- Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner gender transformation: I warned him not to steal my glam team!
- 'American Idol's Tyanna Jones: Having someone in your ear is tough, I know where Clark's coming from
- Exclusive: Shirin Oskooi talks 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' (Part 1)
- Bruce Jenner reportedly reviving motivational speaking career
- 'American Idol's Clark Beckham disagrees and argues with mentor Scott Borchetta over "groovy" song choice
- 'Food Network Star' announces 12 hopefuls to compete on Season 11, premieres June 7
- 'American Idol' eliminates Tyanna Jones, determines Top 4 contestants
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' tribe votes off White Collar player Shirin Oskooi
- NBC reveals the 14 men who will attempt to survive on 'The Island' reality series
- Kardashians and Jenners reportedly divided "in a major way" over Bruce Jenner, say sources
- CBS announces new 'The Briefcase' reality show set to premiere May 27
- Karina Smirnoff: I'm in therapy, my relationships don't work out because I'm too focused on the future
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' castoff Jenn Brown talks (Part 2)
- 'American Idol's Quentin Alexander: Jennifer Lopez gave me advice that will always stick
- Bruce Jenner threatening to sue after maxi-dress photo allegedly violated his privacy
- 'The Voice' ousts Hannah Kirby and Corey Kent White from Blake Shelton's team, determines Top 6
- Kris Jenner and ABC square off with opposing statements about her "no comment" on Bruce Jenner interview