The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Kanye West reportedly micromanages wife Kim Kardashian's entire life, turned her into his personal mannequin
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I'm not interested in talking about Jennifer Lopez
- 'The Bachelor' producers reportedly eyeing two men in addition to Chris Soules as the show's new star
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino reaches plea deal stemming from June arrest
- Adam Levine's wife Behati Prinsloo: I have a definite plan to have children
- Brody Jenner accused of being turned on by stepsister Kim Kardashian, reveals brother Brandon Jenner kissed her once!
- 'The Bachelorette' source: Andi Dorfman and her final bachelor will "definitely get married soon"
- 'The Bachelorette' star Andi Dorfman's runner-up reportedly begged to reunite, hoping to change her mind and propose
- 'Big Brother' determines sole HoH and week's two initial eviction nominees after "Battle of the Block" competition
- 'Rising Star' advances four singers after live head-to-head duel performances
- Kristin Cavallari looking slim as ever two months after giving birth
- Brody Jenner explains his erection comment about Kim Kardashian
- 'The Bachelorette' star Andi Dorfman reportedly changes her mind last minute when picking her final bachelor
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 45th birthday with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, reportedly "affectionate" with one another
- Khloe Kardashian: French Montana and I can't have sex so I torture him every day
- 'Big Brother' evicts Brittany Martinez and crowns two new Head of Households
- 'Last Comic Standing' sends home Karlous Miller, determines Top 5
- 'Hell's Kitchen' crowns Scott Commings twelfth-season champion
- 'America's Got Talent' determines Top 47 live shows acts
- Marcus Grodd reportedly gets engaged during 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- 'Big Brother' HoH Cody Calafiore determines final two nominees for eviction
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' ousts Marcouet Hill and Brooklyn Fullmer, determines Top 14
- 'The Bachelor' producers reportedly deciding between two possible next Bachelor stars
- Exclusive: 'So You Think You Can Dance' eliminee Stanley Glover talks