The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Joe Giudice reveals what it's like for young daughters to visit Teresa Giudice in jail
- 'The Bachelor' star Chris Soules: Whitney Bischoff and I are keeping in touch
- Yolanda Foster reveals daughters Anwar Hadid and Bella Hadid are also battling Lyme disease
- 'DASH Dolls' star Malika Haqq arrested for suspected DUI after car collision
- Exclusive: 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance' castoff Peih-Gee Law talks (Part 1)
- Kim Zolciak explains heart condition that caused mini-stroke and current health status
- Scott Disick reacts to nude Kourtney Kardashian photo: "Now that's one hot mama"
- Alek Skarlatos' fellow train hero Spencer Stone stabbed multiple times
- Jennifer Hudson discusses family her family's murders and motherhood
- 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance' creates three new tribes, castaway Peih-Gee Law gets voted out
- Joe Giudice talks fraud charges and jail sentencing: I'm not saying I did anything wrong or illegal, but I'm to blame
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani romance is "a real thing," says source
- Exclusive: Shirin Oskooi talks 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance' (Part 2)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' new pairings for "Switch-Up" twist revealed
- 'The Voice' to feature the return of Christina Aguilera as Season 10 coach
- Nick Gordon may reportedly face murder charges as secret grand jury convenes
- Allison Holker and husband Stephen "tWitch" Boss expecting first child together
- Kylie Jenner: I wish Caitlyn Jenner could've attended my graduation party but I "respected" my mom's decision
- Kris Jenner: Caitlyn Jenner and I have "moved past" 'Vanity Fair' spat
- 'The Voice' coaches complete Season 9 teams with conclusion of "Blind Auditions"
- Simon Cowell apologizes for outburst on U.K.'s 'The X Factor'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' sends Gary Busey and pro partner Anna Trebunskaya packing after "Most Memorable Year" dance
- 'Dancing With the Stars' professional dancer Allison Holker announces pregnancy
- Miranda Lambert adopts stray kitten found on Arkansas highway