The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' votes off Jeremiah Wood
- 'The Bachelorette' producers and Chris Harrison comment on contestant Eric Hill's tragic death
- 'American Idol' eliminee Dexter Roberts: Singing in front of Keith Urban was intimidating
- Exclusive: Castoff LJ McKanas talks 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' (Part 2)
- 'The Bachelorette' bachelor Eric Hill dies in hospital after paragliding accident in Utah
- Juan Pablo Galavis reportedly wants Nikki Ferrell to quit nursing job and work as a model
- Andi Dorfman's 'The Bachelorette' bachelor Eric Hill in coma after paragliding accident
- Candace Cameron Bure wishes Andrea Barber was also on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Former 'Ice Road Truckers' star Timothy Zickuhr arrested and charged after allegedly kidnapping Las Vegas prostitute
- 'The Voice' eliminates TJ Wilkins and Dani Moz, determines sixth season's Top 10 finalists
- 'American Idol' eliminee Dexter Roberts: I'm going to try to step out of the box and do something crazy
- 'The Voice' artist Kristen Merlin: I wanted to run off stage and cry in a corner when my mic went dead
- 'True Tori' star Dean McDermott on sex with wife Tori Spelling: "It wasn't fantastic, I'm insatiable"
- 'The Voice's Top 12 artists perform, coach Blake Shelton picks out the best singer on each opposing team
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cuts Drew Carey and pro partner Cheryl Burke, Meryl Davis tops the leaderboard
- Exclusive: Herbert "Flight Time" Lang and Nate "Big Easy" Lofton talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' (Part 1)
- Melissa Rycroft and husband Tye Strickland welcome a baby boy
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' eliminates Herbert "Flight Time" Lang and Nate "Big Easy" Lofton
- Lindsay Lohan reveals she suffered miscarriage during filming on 'Lindsay' OWN reality series
- Exclusive: John Erck and Jessica Hoel talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' (Part 2)
- Gwen Stefani reportedly in talks to replace Christina Aguilera on 'The Voice'
- 'American Idol' eliminee Dexter Roberts: Sometimes it felt like Harry Connick Jr. was talking sign language
- Kris Jenner reportedly doing "great" after hospital visit for health scare
- 'American Idol' eliminates Dexter Roberts and determines Top 6 finalists