The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik make their red carpet debut as couple
- Jenelle Evans: No, I'm not engaged or pregnant -- just happy and eating a lot more
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Witney Carson handicaps remaining competition following Von Miller elimination
- David Hasselhoff gets engaged to longtime girlfriend Hayley Roberts
- Kim Fields "stunned" by 'Dancing with the Stars' elimination: I was thinking "Wait a minute!"
- 'Catfish' participant Ashley Sawyer dies at age 23 after recently battling addiction
- Gwen Stefani jumps in the passenger seat for 'Carpool Karaoke' with James Corden
- JoJo Fletcher's 'The Bachelorette' season details revealed -- including an "unexpected visitor" from the past!
- 'The Voice' recap: Paxton Ingram takes on Celine Dion, Adam Wakefield and Mary Sarah blow Blake Shelton's brains out
- Hulk Hogan files second lawsuit against Gawker
- 'Dancing with the Stars' recap: Kim Fields and Von Miller eliminated as two contestants receive perfect scores
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminees Brodie Smith and Kurt Gibson talk (Part 1)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Keo Motsepe: Not to put down my previous partners, but Jodie Sweetin is special
- Carrie Underwood: I "definitely" want more kids with husband Mike Fisher!
- Rob Kardashian's fiancee Blac Chyna robbed of $200k after burglar opens safe in her home
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Keo Motsepe talks pressure: I've never made it this far, so it's all or nothing
- Gwen Stefani receives Hero Award at 2016 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Carrie Underwood wins Female Vocalist of the Year and dedicates award to young girl killed by drunk driver
- 'The Amazing Race' eliminates frontrunners Brodie Smith and Kurt Gibson after U-Turn
- Rob Kardashian lashes out after Khloe Kardashian calls Blac Chyna engagement "so f--ked up"
- Adam Levine reveals sex of baby on the way with wife Behati Prinsloo!
- 'Property Brothers' star Jonathan Scott reportedly placed in chokehold after North Dakota bar fight
- Khloe Kardashian and Rob Kardashian reunite in rare photo
- Kylie Jenner: I've paid for everything -- haven't had a dollar of Kris Jenner's money for five years