The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Juan Pablo Galavis stayed with Nikki Ferrell as long as he did to "spite haters" and "promote himself," say sources
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Kelley Wentworth talks (Part 2)
- Kristin Cavallari reveals son Jax's struggle with colic
- Andi Dorfman supports bestie Nikki Ferrell after Juan Pablo Galavis split: "You are the strongest girl I know"
- "Mama June" Shannon sex offender controversy apparently tearing 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' family apart
- Teresa Giudice reportedly "open" to letting cameras film her final days before prison
- Joan Rivers' daughter Melissa Rivers hires prominent law firm to sue Manhattan clinic
- 'The Voice' advances three "Knockout Round" winners to "The Live Playoffs," Gwen Stefani steals one artist
- Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson reportedly wants custody of Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson but he's broke
- Antonio Sabato Jr. on 'Dancing with the Stars' exit: It was a sad moment
- Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson upset sex offender Mark McDaniel gets near daugher Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson
- Alfonso Ribeiro announces his wife is expecting another baby on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'The Voice' advances eight artists from the "Knockout Round" to "The Live Playoffs" as Taylor Swift joins
- 'Dancing with the Stars' ousts Antonio Sabato Jr. and partner Cheryl Burke, Bethany Mota tops leaderboard
- Kylie Jenner yells at haters on social media: Talk about some important sh-t, not my big lips
- Jessica Simpson chops off her hair
- Dean McDermott: I'm not a "monster" because I cheated on Tori Spelling
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' star "Mama June" Shannon may reportedly lose custody of kids due to sex offender relationship
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminees Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan talk (Part 1)
- 'The Bachelor' couple Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki Ferrell reportedly break-up
- 'Honey Boo Boo' daughter: "Mama June" Shannon didn't believe her boyfriend molested me
- 'The Amazing Race' eliminates former 'Survivor' couple Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan
- 'Teen Mom' star Leah Messer was slapped with $10,000 tax lien
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Jep Robertson jokes after suffering seizure