The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'American Idol's Maddie Walker: Harry Connick Jr. was upset about my ouster, he pulled me aside to chat
- Bear Grylls to test 14 American men on new 'The Island' reality series for NBC
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' castoff Joaquin Souberbielle talks (Part 1)
- 'Leah Remini: It's All Relative' renewed for second season by TLC
- Kendall Jenner lands another major modeling campaign with Calvin Klein
- 'American Idol' sends both Adanna Duru and Maddie Walker home on '80s night
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Escameca tribe votes out former White Collar castaway Joaquin Souberbielle
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson tells alarming, offensive story about atheists at Christian event
- Nate Berkus and husband Jeremiah Brent welcome baby via surrogate
- Jason Hoppy "exploring legal options" after Bethenny Frankel's candid interview
- 'The Bachelor' star Chris Soules reportedly pitching reality show set on his farm with Whitney Bischoff
- Rob Kardashian reportedly bitter, depressed and rejects family interventions
- 'The Voice' coaches send three artists into the "Live Playoffs" and Pharrell Williams uses his only "Steal"
- Exclusive: Max Dawson talks 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' (Part 2)
- Farrah Abraham reveals plans to become a plastic surgeon
- Holly Madison reveals she contemplated suicide while living in 'Playboy' Mansion
- Kelly Osbourne reveals she has the BRCA1 "cancer gene," praises Angelina Jolie
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' star Bethenny Frankel splits from boyfriend Michael "Mac" Cerussi III
- Chris Soules on low-scored 'Dancing with the Stars' performance: My fiancee Whitney Bischoff said "Eff the judges!"
- Former 'Survivor' castaway J'Tia Taylor ties the knot at a zoo
- 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'Shark Tank' star Robert Herjavec on Kym Johnson chemistry: It's not for publicity
- 'The Bachelorette' host Chris Harrison: I don't think Kaitlyn Bristowe has a secret boyfriend, it'll be a good show
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminee RedFoo: My ouster caused an uproar, it was a total shock
- 'The Voice' kicks off "Knockout Round" with nine artists going through to "Live Playoffs"