The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough new mirrorball trophy champions
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison: I learned so much while on the show
- 'The Voice' Top 10 finalists sing for votes, Michelle Chamuel and Sarah Simmons deliver
- 'The X Factor' judges Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio announced by Fox officially
- 'Dancing with the Stars' leaderboard topped by Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy
- John Barrowman to host ABC's 'Sing Your Face Off' competition
- 'American Idol' champion Candice Glover: The judges hurt my feelings last month
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans has warrant out for her arrest
- Julianne Hough: 'Safe Haven' marked an acting milestone for me
- NBC to premiere reality TV-themed 'Siberia' drama series on July 1
- Kree Harrison: I had a problem of not letting my wall down before 'American Idol'
- 'The Real Housewives of Miami' star Adriana de Moura marries Frederic Marq
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' star Donald Trump names Trace Adkins winner, defeating Penn Jillette
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' cast reportedly adding actress Carlton Gebbia
- 'The Bachelorette' star Desiree Hartsock: I didn't put any pressure on myself to fall in love
- 'The X Factor' reportedly finalizing deals with Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio to serve as judges
- Miami police leaving A&E's 'The First 48' after failed contract negotiations
- 'American Idol' champion Candice Glover: I had no idea what was going to happen!
- Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green's 'The Voice' returns, Shakira and Usher's departures and returns confirmed by NBC
- Mariah Carey denies lip-syncing during 'American Idol' finale broadcast
- Edward "Eddie" Fox talks about'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison: I still feel like I'm a winner despite losing
- Candice Glover debut album to be released July 16 and titled 'Music Speaks'
- VIDEO: Listen to Angie Miller's 'You Set Me Free' released single