The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'American Idol' eliminates Emily Piriz after another all-female bottom three is revealed
- 'American Idol' eliminee Emily Piriz: "The girls might start getting worried"
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis retweets "retard" joke and defends it: Open your mind and learn culture
- Kim Kardashian and fiance Kanye West reportedly set wedding date
- 'American Idol' judge Harry Connick Jr. explains why he's been so harsh in his critiques
- Lindsay Lohan "wars" with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'The Voice' coach Shakira: I would love to have my own soccer team of kids with Gerard Pique
- 'Hell's Kitchen's twelfth season to premiere March 13 on Fox
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' eliminees Mark Jackson and Mallory Ervin talk (Part 2)
- Adam Lambert to join Queen for summer concert tour
- Jessica Simpson reveals weight loss with skin-tight dress in Weight Watchers ad
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I turned down being a 'Dancing with the Stars' judge to return as a pro dancer next season
- 'Pregnant in Heels' star Rosie Pope gives birth to a baby girl
- Exclusive: Brice Johnston talks 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' (Part 1)
- 'The Bachelor' bachelorette Renee Oteri confirms engagement via Instagram photo
- Khloe Kardashian buys Justin Bieber's house, becoming neighbors with sister Kourtney Kardashian
- 'American Idol' Top 12 finalists fail to deliver any knockout performances, leave judges disappointed
- Lisa Vanderpump: 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' co-star Brandi Glanville is a liar
- 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' votes Brice Johnston out of his Beauty tribe
- Simon Cowell: I love being a dad, might have more children now!
- Leah Remini and family to star in new TLC reality show
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis' final bachelorette reportedly "has no idea what she's in for"
- 'American Idol's Kristen O'Connor says Chris Daughtry gave her great advice: "Don't be that guy who... You'll regret it"
- Teresa Giudice and Joe Giudice to ask to serve their prison time separately