The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Khloe Kardashian: I think I've lost 35 pounds, I'm addicted to working out
- Former 'The Bachelorette' suitor Kasey Stewart dating actress Hilary Swank?
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt reportedly filming new reality show for WEtv
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' -- Which three stars, including a popular villain, have hinted they'll appear on Season 2?
- 'The Bachelorette' contestant Shawn Evans hit in head with brick thrown by Mickey "Mickey Coco" Rappaport
- Sean Lowe responds to backlash from reputation-damaging 'Celebrity Wife Swap' edit
- Kaitlyn Bristowe blogs "What I Love About Shawn:" We acknowledge each other's imperfections, and yes, I get mad at him
- Caitlyn Jenner playfully tries to speak in best feminine voice for Kim Kardashian
- 'Big Brother' houseguests evict Jason Roy, a sole HoH is crowned
- 'Bachelor in Paradise 2:' Cast members win superlatives like "Sexiest" and "Most Possessive"
- 'The Bachelorette' runner-up Nick Viall: Kaitlyn Bristowe broke the rules by saying "I love you" to me a bunch of times
- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert intend to "move on as friends"
- 'Big Brother' HoH Vanessa Rousso makes big move against the house to blindside and nominate Jason Roy
- Khloe Kardashian confirms brother Rob still living with her: 'he's going through a hard time'
- 'The Bachelorette's Nick Viall: How would he feel about being the next Bachelor?
- Kiptyn Locke welcomes first child with girlfriend Samm Murphy
- Kaitlyn Bristowe on 'The Bachelorette' winner Shawn Booth: There wasn't even a chance I'd pick another guy
- 'The Bachelorette' runner-up Nick Viall: I am excited to get back out there and meet a great girl
- 'The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth: If we weren't going to work out, we would've split already
- Nick Viall: I don't focus my energy on whether people think I'm 'The Bachelorette' villain
- 'The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Bristowe asks fiance Shawn Booth if HE wants to date potential Bachelor Ben Higgins
- 'The Bachelorette' couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth -- Would they televise their wedding?
- 'The Bachelorette' runner-up Nick Viall: My family thought I was joking when I told them Kaitlyn Bristowe didn't pick me
- Demi Lovato's pet dog dies in an accident