The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Alfonso Ribeiro and partner Witney Carson Season 19 champions
- Kathy Griffin: Joan Rivers and I had discussed having me join 'Fashion Police'
- Val Chmerkovskiy sends Janel Parrish emotional "love you" message before 'Dancing with the Stars' finale
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro partner Derek Hough: Bethany Mota and I hid things from the cameras
- Leah Messer reportedly "scarred" from 'Teen Mom 2' and therefore quitting
- Janel Parrish on 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: I think Alfonso Ribeiro is the one to beat
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg: Our 'Donnie Loves Jenny' reality show won't break us up!
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 2)
- Kendra Wilkinson: I didn't know sex was involved when I moved into the 'Playboy' mansion with Hugh Hefner
- TV station apologizes for 'Dancing With the Stars' tweet during Ferguson decision
- 'The Voice' Top 10 artists mentored by Diana Ross, Clive Davis, Patrick Stump, Colbie Caillat, and Christina Aguilera
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cuts Bethany Mota and Derek Hough as Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson earn perfect total score
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminee Te Jay McGrath talks (Part 1)
- Kris Jenner reportedly not phased new boyfriend Corey Gamble is an alleged stalker and abuser
- 'Dancing with the Stars' judge Carrie Ann Inaba sizes up the finals competitors
- Kendra Wilkinson: It's going to take a lifetime to trust Hank Baskett again but he's worth fighting for
- Heidi Montag declares she's done with plastic surgery
- Kourtney Kardashian posts cryptic movie quote suggesting problems with Scott Disick
- Former 'American Idol' finalist James Durbin welcomes a daughter into the world
- Janel Parrish's 'Pretty Little Liars' schedule reportedly hurting chances of winning 'Dancing with the Stars' with Val Chmerkovskiy
- Carrie Underwood wins at 2014 American Music Awards, Pharrell Williams leaves empty-handed
- 'America's Next Top Model: Guys & Girls 2' eliminates Shei Phan, leaving only one girl in the Top 4
- 'The Amazing Race' eliminates Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath
- Gia Giudice addresses her mom Teresa Giudice's prison sentence