The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Kendall Jenner lands fashion campaign for Karl Lagerfeld
- Leah Messer reveals she's leaving 'Teen Mom 2' after five seasons
- Danica McKellar weds Scott Sveslosky in sunrise ceremony
- '19 Kids & Counting' hit with cancellation petition after Michelle Duggar's anti-gay comment
- Kim Kardashian reportedly considering a surrogate for next pregnancy to maintain in-shape body
- 'Hell's Kitchen' and 'MasterChef Junior' new season premieres announced by Fox
- 'American Idol' to premiere January 7 on Fox with schedule changes throughout Season 14
- 'The Biggest Loser: Glory Days' cuts Rondalee Beardslee, sends Scott Mitchell to Comeback Canyon after terrible weigh-in
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 1)
- 'The Bachelorette' couple Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried to marry privately in California in January
- Kourtney Kardashian reveals when her third child is due and how she'll prepare
- 'The Bachelor' creator Mike Fleiss reportedly arrested for harassing Brooke Burke-Charvet and husband
- 'Hell's Kitchen' chef Aaron Lhamon quits the show before seemingly getting fired by Gordon Ramsay
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminates Jeremy Collins
- Diem Brown remembered by on-and-off love Chris 'CT' Tamburello
- 'Love & Hip Hop' star Erica Mena and fiance Bow Wow set wedding date
- Dean McDermott: My marriage with Tori Spelling is better and stronger than ever
- Kathy Griffin to reportedly replace the late Joan Rivers on 'Fashion Police'
- Janice Dickinson accuses Bill Cosby of raping her about 30 years ago
- 'The Voice' eliminates Team Pharrell's Sugar Joans and Team Blake's Jessie Pitts, reveals new twist
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Josh Canfield talks (Part 3)
- Janice Dickinson accuses Bill Cosby of raping her
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminee Tommy Chong: I thought I had a shot to win
- Kim Kardashian: I did naked magazine photo spread to feel confident and love the photos