The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West win big cash settlement over leaked proposal video
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga fined for wasting water during drought
- Tila Tequila pulled from U.K.'s 'Celebrity Big Brother' for expressing pro-Hitler views
- Simon Cowell on One Direction break: "Having a year off is going to be a healthy thing"
- Rob Kardashian: Milkshakes started all my weight gain
- Carrie Underwood shares photo of son playing piano
- Nick Viall reportedly may go 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' announces Chaka Khan joins Season 21
- 'The Bachelor' star Ben Higgins opens up about what he's looking for in a girl and his dream date!
- 'Married to Medicine' star Jill Connors arrested for family violence and cruelty to children
- Caitlyn Jenner: I want to find a man who will treat me like "a normal woman"
- 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance's new hidden Immunity Idols make for completely different game
- 'Big Brother' houseguests evict John McGuire, jurors compete for a spot back in the house
- Anna Duggar source: Her parents are more extreme than Josh Duggar's, but her sister is still getting divorced
- 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance' host Jeff Probst reveals two tribes and starting twist
- 'Christina Milian Turned Up' star's baby nephew dies from rare birth defect
- Bethenny Frankel reportedly dating businessman and 'The Profit' star Marcus Lemonis
- Gwen Stefani makes first public appearance since announcing divorce with Gavin Rossdale
- 'Dancing with the Stars' signs on Internet sensation Hayes Grier and Crown-winning jockey Victor Espinoza
- 'America's Next Top Model' sends Stefano Churchill packing
- Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner share similar pouts
- 'America's Got Talent' sends last seven acts through to semifinals
- 'Big Brother' HoH Austin Matelson keeps nominations the same after Vanessa Rousso wins Power of Veto
- 'The Bachelor's new star Ben Higgins turns to Sean Lowe for advice