The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Corinne Olympios -- Taylor Nolan on 'The Bachelor' drama: I was taken aback by my portrayal and the name calling
- Ryan Seacrest suffers fire at his Beverly Hills mansion -- "Thank God everyone is okay"
- 'The Bachelor' host Chris Harrison reveals least favorite former 'Bachelor' star he didn't get along with
- Chrissy Teigen: Asian models are "underrepresented" in fashion
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian's robbery had me "bawling" and "hysterical"
- 'The Bachelor' couples -- Whom did 'The Bachelor' stars and their final picks end up with ultimately?! (PHOTOS)
- 'Flip or Flop' star Tarek El Moussa advertising own real estate business sans Christina El Moussa
- 'The Bachelor' spoilers: Who are Nick Viall's Final 3 bachelorettes, and who's his final pick?
- Lisa Rinna posts nude selfie at age 53 - "The female body is so beautiful"
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson vacation together in Jamaica
- 'Little Women: LA' sixth-season premiere date set by Lifetime
- Nick Viall -- See 20 of 'The Bachelor' star's sexiest pics! (PHOTOS)
- Kris Jenner on Kim Kardashian's robbery: "It was devastating"
- 'MasterChef' adding Chef Aaron Sanchez as new judge on Season 8 with Gordon Ramsay and Christina Tosi
- Kim Kardashian lasers off stretch marks after tightening skin around belly button
- Rachel Lindsay spoiler: 'The Bachelorette' host Chris Harrison explains why ABC ruined her Nick Viall ending
- Nick Viall teases "life-altering news" during 'The Bachelor' hometown dates -- "It isn't all smooth sailing"
- Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy publicly reveal baby son Shai, talk upcoming "large wedding"
- Rachel Lindsay -- Why did ABC reportedly announce 'The Bachelorette' star so soon?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pros and their significant others: Who's dating and married to whom!? (PHOTOS)
- Raven Gates -- 10 things to know about Nick Viall's 'The Bachelor' bachelorette
- Christina El Moussa insists filming 'Flip or Flop' with Tarek El Moussa and crew is "a breeze" despite divorce
- Vanessa Grimaldi -- 10 things to know about Nick Viall's 'The Bachelor' bachelorette
- Steve Irwin's son Robert brings wildlife onto 'The Tonight Show'