The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Exclusive: Sara Fowler talks 'The Amazing Race' "nightmare" partner Shamir Arzeno and finding "love" with Logan Bauer
- Exclusive: Debbie Wanner -- Sarah Lacina repeatedly crossed the 'Survivor' line by swearing on her child
- 'Southern Charm' star Cameran Eubanks expecting her first child
- Kim Kardashian: I don't respect Caitlyn Jenner's character now, parts of her book are "not truthful" or "tasteful"
- Troy Ramey talks 'The Voice' ouster: I knew I had no shot at staying over Mark Isaiah, "Mr. Handsome"
- Exclusive: Debbie Wanner: Jeff Varner shouldn't be crucified for outing Zeke Smith as transgender on 'Survivor'
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt celebrate wedding anniversary after baby news
- Channing Tatum celebrates his 37th birthday with Jenna Dewan and their daughter
- Kim Zolciak reportedly returning to 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Chris Soules reportedly may face manslaughter charge if cell phone was used at time of fatal accident
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend recreate 'Devil Wears Prada' scenes
- Kim Kardashian: My Paris robbery was "meant to happen"
- 'Survivor: Game Changers' Maku Maku tribe blindsides Debbie Wanner after Sarah Lacina flips
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pros and their significant others: Who's dating and married to whom?! (PHOTOS)
- Chris Soules accident: Whitney Bischoff, Andi Dorfman and Britt Nilsson react to "horrific, life-altering tragedy"
- 'Survivor: Game Changers' host Jeff Probst: I was wrong about Ozzy Lusth by several thousand miles
- Chris Soules called 911 and attended to victim before fleeing accident scene
- Kailyn Lowry of 'Teen Mom 2' posts new baby bump photo
- Erika Jayne responds to criticism of her Instagram nude photo: "Sending my love"
- Kim Zolciak thanks husband Kroy Biermann following son's hospitalization
- Brandi Glanville says Kim Richards friendship is "legit"
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott get close at NBA game
- Caitlyn Jenner: I would "seriously" look at running for public office
- Kelly Osbourne: I helped Yolanda Hadid with Lyme disease battle