The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' cast and premiere date announced by Bravo
- Lamar Odom spotted in public with Khloe Kardashian for the first time since his October drug overdose
- 'The Bachelor' star Ben Higgins reportedly has Fantasy Suite sex all his Final 3 bachelorettes
- 'The Bachelor' alums attend Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert's TV wedding, Andi Dorfman calls event "an incestual web of exes"
- 'The Bachelor' bachelorette Olivia Caridi: Haters have made me stronger than ever but words still hurt and kill
- 'The Bachelor' finale will be "brutal," says show source, Ben Higgins' two love confessions "blindside" and "devastate" the runner-up
- 'American Idol' features 12 of Top 24 artists performing solos live with La'Porsha Renae in a league of her own
- Aubrey O'Day and Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio meet on 'Famously Single' and are now dating
- 'The Bachelor' alum Tenley Molzahn: Knowing Ben Higgins, I would choose Lauren Bushnell for him
- Blac Chyna captions Instagram photo of Rob Kardashian with engagement ring emoji
- Olivia Caridi slams rumors: I went on 'The Bachelor' for the right reasons and didn't dump a boyfriend right before filming
- 'The Bachelor' Ben Higgins: The emotion and agony leading up to the final day still haunt me, I never imagined this ending
- Tenley Molzahn: Ben Higgins and I "definitely" had "a very special relationship"
- Jordin Sparks and boyfriend Sage the Gemini call it quits on their relationship
- 'The Bachelor' star Ben Higgins: Olivia Caridi made "alarming" comments and "looked down upon" her fellow bachelorettes
- Kanye West under fire after "BILL COSBY INNOCENT" tweet
- 'Married at First Sight's Ashley Doherty loses all trust in David Norton, Sam Role starts to like Neil Bowlus
- Johnny Depp stars as Donald Trump in comedic 'Funny or Die' movie
- Ben Higgins: I was shaken by Leah Block's accusations about Lauren Bushnell because one girl was lying to me
- 'American Idol's Kelly Clarkson lands publishing deal for children's book about daughter River Rose
- 'The Bachelor' star Ben Higgins: My head was spinning this week, I dealt with a bad rumor and worried my mistakes might cost me love
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice: The living conditions in prison were horrible, I was living in hell
- 'The Biggest Loser' contestants receive stunning makeovers, Lauren Clark gets eliminated
- Khloe Kardashian and James Harden reportedly break up and call it quits