Not with a bang, but a whimper. Full Story
Former The Restaurant star Rocco DiSpirito is gearing up for a return to the kitchen via Rocco to the Rescue, a new A&E reality series scheduled for a June debut.
In a ruling from the bench on July 27, New York state judicial hearing officer Ira Gammerman held that China Grill Management could bar chef Rocco DiSpirito from his namesake restaurant, Rocco's on 22nd Street, and that China Grill was also free to sell or change the format of the eatery.
Reality TV's nastiest legal battle -- the ownership fight between chef Rocco DiSpirito (owner of Spirit Media) and "money man" Jeffrey Chodorow (owner of China Grill Management) over the ownership of Rocco's on 22nd Street, the restaurant featured on NBC's The Restaurant -- moved on to its next round on Monday, as a court hearing began in Manhattan.
Now that Rocco DiSpirito has been temporarily banished from Rocco's on 22nd Street and convicted felon/financier Jeffrey Chodorow has taken over (for now), potential customers know that they won't have the dining experience featured in NBC's The Restaurant. So how can Rocco's on 22nd Street draw a crowd until the lawsuits end?
The cameras may have stopped filming at Rocco's on 22nd, but the battles between the co-founders and co-owners of the eatery, featured on NBC's The Restaurant, rage on nonetheless.
Is this merely admitting a mistake? Or is it appeasing a superstar producer? Or were there other forces at work behind the scenes?
Apparently all is fair in love, war, and television scheduling as far as NBC is concerned.
NBC has discovered that not everything reality TV uber-producer Mark Burnett touches magically turns to gold.
The food at chef Rocco DiSpirito's poor service-plagued "Rocco's on 22nd Street" restaurant might finally be hot, but if the initial ratings are any indication, the NBC show chronicling the establishment's happenings doesn't appear to be, having premiered to only 6.5 million overall viewers on Monday, April 19 at 10PM ET/PT.
On last night's premiere of the second season of NBC's The Restaurant, viewers learned that success had gone to the head of Chef Rocco DiSpirito, the conceited and apparently philandering celebrity chef featured in the original series. Perhaps the Australians read Rocco correctly when they rejected his personality and the original series. However, what viewers may not know is that Rocco's antagonist in the battle for control of "the restaurant" -- Rocco's on 22nd Street -- is a convicted felon with a long history of pursuing litigation battles.
No wonder reality TV superproducer Mark Burnett decided to feature celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito in the second season of his hit NBC show The Restaurant, which debuts Monday, April 19 on NBC for a six-episode run through May sweeps. Hot food and spicy lawsuits all in one show: how can it miss?
NBC has announced that the second season of celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito's The Restaurant series will premiere on Monday, April 19 at 10 PM ET/PT.
While operating a restaurant that appears on national television might be fun for Rocco Dispirito, according to his partners in the "Rocco's 22nd St." restaurant which appears on NBC's The Restaurant reality show, its been disastrous from a financial standpoint -- and chef Rocco is to blame.
- 'The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' PHOTOS - See pics of Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Adriana Lima, Irana Shayk, Lily Aldridge, Lais Ribeiro, Stella Maxwell, Romee Strijd, Jasmine Tookes, Josephine Skriver and many more!
- Courtney Harrell on 'The Voice:' I wish I showed more of my artistry -- my heart wasn't in the songs I sang
- Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar granted permanent custody of 8-year-old nephew Tyler Hutchins
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top' crowns Morgan Willett winner over veteran runner-up Jason Roy
- Courtney Harrell talks 'The Voice' elimination: I saw it coming, I was not my best self and it's a numbers game
- Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines anti-gay controversy -- Church pastor and 'Fixer Upper' network respond to accusations
- Jessa Duggar compares baby bump at 31 weeks from both pregnancies (PHOTO)
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick reportedly officially back together again
- Blake Shelton on dating Gwen Stefani: "It's been good for me"
- Exclusive: Zeke Smith talks 'Survivor' -- "I don't think anyone needed convincing I was the biggest threat"
- Jade Roper calls herself "disgusting," Tanner Tolbert reveals fear of "getting a divorce" on 'Marriage Boot Camp'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pros and their significant others -- Who's dating or married to whom?! (PHOTOS)
- Austin Allsup: I honestly didn't want to win 'The Voice'
- 'The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' PHOTOS - See Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid and the other models!
- 'Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars' Season 7 cast announced -- will include 'The Bachelorette's Ashley Hebert and JP Rosenbaum
- 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X's merged Vinaka tribe votes out Zeke Smith
- 'Vanderpump Rules' star Scheana Shay files for divorce from Mike Shay
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and Gigi Hadid wow in Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Jessa Duggar shares Instagram video of baby No. 2 moving in her belly
- Kanye West reportedly released from hospital, will continue to receive treatment
- 'Survivor' premiere date for Season 34 revealed by CBS
- Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell discuss 'Happily Ever After?' renewal
- Gigi Hadid and Bella Hadid dress as angels in throwback photo
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 29 premiere date announced by CBS