Twenty-three-year-old dance instructor and deejay Cousin Anthony is the newly-minted millionaire from ABC's reality series, "The Family," which concluded its nine-episode run last night. In a dramatic announcement in the show's last moments, Anthony surprised viewers by vowing to split the $1 million evenly among the other nine family members on the program -- even Cousin Mike, his chief rival in the final round, who is not a blood relative to Anthony, but rather to one of Anthony's many cousins. Full Story
When "The Family" debuted in March, over nine million Americans watched the premiere, which the Palm Beach Post described as "'Dynasty' meets 'The Sopranos' meets 'Upstairs, Downstairs.' You can throw in 'Survivor' and 'Big Brother' for good measure, too." Now viewers who are already hooked and newcomers to the series can escape the summer doldrums in style when "The Family" returns to the ABC Television Network.
Reuters reports that ABC has announced that it has placed its George Hamilton-hosted reality show "The Family" on hiatus and canceled its new archeological adventure "Veritas: The Quest" series. Like most of the ABC lineup, both new shows have struggled in the ratings, and ABC said the spate of recent news preemptions and scheduling changes had made it too difficult to promote and build audiences for them.
ABC has announced the profiles for both the family members and the staff of its upcoming new "The Family" reality series. The nine episode reality series will premiere Tuesday, March 4th at 10PM ET. In it ten related contestants will compete against each other for a one million dollar fortune. Family and staff profiles follow below:
The choice is blood or money when members of a competitive, extended family battle one another for a million-dollar fortune on the nine-episode series, "The Family." For the first time ever, relatives are competing against each other on a reality show.
Not to be confused with their other already announced upcoming "The Will" reality series created by "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss, Variety reports that ABC has picked up another reality series entitled "The Family" that pits extended family members against each other not for an inheritence, but instead for a chance at $1 million.
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: JoJo Fletcher sends Wells Adams and Derek Peth packing
- 'Dance Moms' star Abby Lee Miller pleads guilty to bankruptcy fraud
- Kardashian-Jenners post throwbacks for Khloe Kardashian's 32nd birthday
- Justin Bieber reveals he's a fan of 'The Bachelorette' -- "don't judge me"
- Demi Lovato on her troubled past: "I didn't think I would make it to 21"
- Robby Hayes -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- Kylie Jenner surprises Ariana Grande with sold-out lip kits for her birthday
- Kellie Pickler misses buzzer and startles 'Celebrity Family Feud' host Steve Harvey
- Liam Hemsworth: My engagement to Miley Cyrus wasn't "impulsive"
- James Taylor -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- Jenna Johnson, 'So You Think You Can Dance' and 'Dancing with the Stars' -- Reality TV Girl Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Wells Adams -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga reunite for premiere of Kanye West's new 'Famous' music video
- Derek Peth -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- Audrina Patridge has her first child with Corey Bohan
- Jordan Rodgers -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- Kanye West releases 'Famous' video features naked, wax likenesses of Taylor Swift, Caitlyn Jenner, Donald Trmup and more
- Luke Pell -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- Blac Chyna gets a lap dance from Mariah Carey on stage
- Chase McNary -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- 'Coupled' star Alexandra "Alex" Clark: I am a virgin and my "100% bangable" quote was taken out of context
- Alex Woytkiw: 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor