Twenty-three-year-old dance instructor and deejay Cousin Anthony is the newly-minted millionaire from ABC's reality series, "The Family," which concluded its nine-episode run last night. In a dramatic announcement in the show's last moments, Anthony surprised viewers by vowing to split the $1 million evenly among the other nine family members on the program -- even Cousin Mike, his chief rival in the final round, who is not a blood relative to Anthony, but rather to one of Anthony's many cousins. Full Story
When "The Family" debuted in March, over nine million Americans watched the premiere, which the Palm Beach Post described as "'Dynasty' meets 'The Sopranos' meets 'Upstairs, Downstairs.' You can throw in 'Survivor' and 'Big Brother' for good measure, too." Now viewers who are already hooked and newcomers to the series can escape the summer doldrums in style when "The Family" returns to the ABC Television Network.
Reuters reports that ABC has announced that it has placed its George Hamilton-hosted reality show "The Family" on hiatus and canceled its new archeological adventure "Veritas: The Quest" series. Like most of the ABC lineup, both new shows have struggled in the ratings, and ABC said the spate of recent news preemptions and scheduling changes had made it too difficult to promote and build audiences for them.
ABC has announced the profiles for both the family members and the staff of its upcoming new "The Family" reality series. The nine episode reality series will premiere Tuesday, March 4th at 10PM ET. In it ten related contestants will compete against each other for a one million dollar fortune. Family and staff profiles follow below:
The choice is blood or money when members of a competitive, extended family battle one another for a million-dollar fortune on the nine-episode series, "The Family." For the first time ever, relatives are competing against each other on a reality show.
Not to be confused with their other already announced upcoming "The Will" reality series created by "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss, Variety reports that ABC has picked up another reality series entitled "The Family" that pits extended family members against each other not for an inheritence, but instead for a chance at $1 million.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I'm not interested in talking about Jennifer Lopez
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino reaches plea deal stemming from June arrest
- Adam Levine's wife Behati Prinsloo: I have a definite plan to have children
- 'The Bachelorette' source: Andi Dorfman and her final bachelor will "definitely get married soon"
- 'Rising Star' advances four singers after live head-to-head duel performances
- Kristin Cavallari looking slim as ever two months after giving birth
- Brody Jenner explains his erection comment about Kim Kardashian
- 'The Bachelorette' star Andi Dorfman's runner-up reportedly begged to reunite after finale, hoping to change her mind and propose
- 'The Bachelorette' star Andi Dorfman reportedly changes her mind last minute when picking her final bachelor
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 45th birthday with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, reportedly "affectionate" with one another
- Khloe Kardashian: French Montana and I can't have sex so I torture him every day
- 'Big Brother' evicts Brittany Martinez and crowns two new Head of Households
- 'Last Comic Standing' sends home Karlous Miller, determines Top 5
- 'Hell's Kitchen' crowns Scott Commings twelfth-season champion
- 'America's Got Talent' determines Top 47 live shows acts
- Marcus Grodd reportedly gets engaged during 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- 'Big Brother' HoH Cody Calafiore determines final two nominees for eviction
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' ousts Marcouet Hill and Brooklyn Fullmer, determines Top 14
- 'The Bachelor' producers reportedly deciding between two possible next Bachelor stars
- Exclusive: 'So You Think You Can Dance' eliminee Stanley Glover talks