On Monday's men's performance show, Nikko, a 22-year-old from Town & Country, MO, had entertained the audience with "Georgia on My Mind," while Travis, a 21-year-old from Manassas, VA, had sung "Every Little Step." Avila, a 23-year-old from Las Vegas, NV, had sung "River Deep, Mountain High," while Castine, a 17-year-old from Lawrenceville, GA, had performed "Dreaming of You" during Tuesday's women's performance show.
The elimination the four lowest vote-getters means that American Idol's gender-divided semifinals has ended, with the show's twelve remaining contestants now set to begin competing head-to-head in the show's finals. American Idol's first finalist performance show will air on Tuesday, March 15 at 8PM ET/PT, with its 30-minute results show airing the following evening at 9PM ET/PT.
The twelve contestants who made it to American Idol's finals are:
• Anthony Fedorov, a 19-year-old from Trevose, PA (Auditioned in Cleveland) - Born in the Ukraine, Anthony Fedorov is in his third semester at Bucks County Community College near Trevose, PA, and is pursuing his singing career in New York City. On weekends, you can find Anthony performing in Brooklyn at Tatiana's. Anthony is a ballad singer who loves to be active and enjoys playing various sports.
• Anwar F. Robinson, a 25-year-old from Elizabeth, NJ (Auditioned in DC) - Anwar F. Robinson has been singing from a young age and was a member of the Newark Boys' Chorus, which traveled to Prague to perform and also performed at the second inauguration of President Bill Clinton. After high school, he attended Westminster Choir College of Ryder University, where he earned a degree in music education. He currently teaches vocal music at Thomas Edison Middle School in West Orange, NJ. Anwar is a member of a group called The Perfect Combination, which performs at weddings and office events in the tri-state area. Other accomplishments include an appearance on the "Emeril Live Christmas Special" and providing piano accompaniment for Patti La Belle on her cooking show pilot.
• Bo Bice, a 29-year-old from Helena, AL (Auditioned in Orlando) - Bo Bice is a native of Alabama and currently lives in Birmingham, AL. He has performed in shows all across the USA, UK and Ireland after starting his career at the age of 9 in a local school competition. Bo has performed with many bands, which helped mold him into the singer he is today. He has opened for Blackfoot and Warrant, and has performed live and recorded with Jonny Neal of the Allman Brothers.
• Carrie Underwood, a 21-year-old from Checotah, OK (Auditioned in St. Louis) - Carrie Underwood, who was born and raised in Checotah, OK, has spent her entire life on a farm. Currently, Carrie is a senior at Northeastern State University, studying mass communications. Carrie is the youngest of three sisters and plays guitar and piano. She loves animals and rescues strays from the surrounding area.
• Constantine Maroulis, a 29-year-old from New York, NY (Auditioned in DC) - Born in Brooklyn, NY, Constantine graduated from the Boston Conservatory and has a hard rock band in New York City called Pray for the Soul of Betty. Constantine has studied classical acting, music, dance and voice. He also apprenticed at the Williamstown Theatre Festival. For the 2003/2004 season, Constantine toured with the international production of "Rent," playing the lead character named "Roger."
• Jessica Sierra, a 19-year-old from Tampa, FL (Auditioned in Orlando) - Jessica Sierra began her singing career at 3 years of age by emulating her grandmother, whom she has named her American Idol. Jessica was born and raised in Tampa, FL, and has been working as a live-in nanny for the past year. Her aunt is currently the mayor of Tampa. She has performed at talent shows, corporate events and in church, and has been a member of Entertainment Revue.
• Lindsey Cardinale, a 20-year-old from Ponchatoula, LA (Auditioned in New Orleans) - Lindsey Cardinale is currently a student Southeastern Louisiana University. She has been performing since she was 12 years old in school shows, benefits, fairs, festivals and weddings. Lindsey also plays the guitar, piano and drums. In her off time, Lindsey enjoys riding horses, four-wheelers, knee boarding, hunting and fishing.
• Mario Vazquez, a 27-year-old from New York, NY (Auditioned in Las Vegas) - Mario Vazquez was born and raised in New York City. While attending La Guardia High School, he was a member of the City Kids Repertory Group (an urban youth empowerment group), which traveled the city to educate urban youths through the arts. Currently, he works with emerging artists within the New York music world.
• Mikalah Gordon, a 17-year-old from Las Vegas, NV (Auditioned in Las Vegas) - Mikalah Gordon started her career in the bathtub at the tender age of 18 months. She is currently a junior at Cimmarron Memorial High School and enjoys cheerleading, dancing and acting - but she's not a drama queen. In 2000, Mikalah, with the Helen Joy Young Entertainers, performed for President Clinton at the White House.
• Nadia Turner, a 28-year-old from Miami, FL (Auditioned in Orlando) - Nadia Turner, recently studied advertising and psychology at Florida International University. Presently, Nadia is a bartender/waitress at Oxygen Lounge, while also performing at church functions. Nadia is a member of the Tool Box group, a rock/soul Christian band that tours churches and charity groups. In her spare time, Nadia enjoys black and white photography, bowling, roller skating and playing cards.
• Scott Savol, a 28-year-old from Shaker Heights, OH (Auditioned in Cleveland) - Born and raised in Cleveland, Scott Savol, the second of four children, has been singing since he was 5 years old. He is the proud father of 4-year-old Brandon Scott Savol. Scott also plays the trumpet and knows his way around the piano. He has performed at city festivals and church and school functions.
• Vonzell Solomon, a 20-year-old from Ft. Meyers, FL (Auditioned in Orlando) - Vonzell was born in Baxley, GA, and moved to Fort Myers, FL, when she was a few months old. She went to Cypress Lake Center for the Arts high school and has recorded a CD. Vonzell has one sister and two brothers. Her dad is a martial arts instructor and Vonzell is a black belt in sembact martial arts (a combination of karate, jujitsu and tae kwon do).