A Look Back: The 2009 Reality TV Year In Review - August 2009
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/27/2009
With 2009 drawing to a close, it's time to take a look back at the year that was. The following is Reality TV World's 2009 Reality TV Year In Review, a 12-part, month-by-month review of some of the past year's reality TV headlines, highlights, lowlights, and milestones.
Today we continue our 12-day countdown with the eighth installment: August 2009.
- Former Survivor castaways and The Amazing Race contestants Rob and Amber Mariano reveal they have had a baby girl.
- Hatch's lawyer claims he was imprisoned because of a "little misunderstanding" about whether all of the interviews were approved by the Federal Bureau of Prisons. A hearing is held, however Hatch remains behind bars.
- The Biggest Loser couple Nicole Brewer and Damien Gurganious get married.
- Mexican cuisine chef Rick Bayless is crownedTop Chef Masters' champion.
- The DiSalvatore family wins NBC's Great American Road Trip reality series.
- A&E confirms that its documentary on the Jackson family will become a reality series despite Michael Jackson's June death.
- Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein, the star of MTV's upcoming Gone Too Far intervention reality series, is found dead at age 36 from an apparent drug overdose.
Premieres:Megan Wants a Millionaire (8/2); Tool Academy, Season 2 (8/2); Real Chance of Love: Back in the Saddle (8/3); Addicted to Beauty (8/4); How'd You Get So Rich? (8/6); America's Best Dance Crew, Season 4 (8/6); There Goes the Neighborhood (8/9); Shark Tank (8/9); Flipping Out, Season 3 (8/17); Ghost Hunters, Season 5 (8/19); Project Runway, Season 6 (8/20); Models of the Runway (8/20); The Rachel Zoe Project, Season 2 (8/25).
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.