WE tv reveals 'American Princess 2' contestants, to debut August 19
By Christopher Rocchio, 07/16/2007
WE tv has announced the second season of American Princess, a reality competition series that attempts to teach women the finer points of life, will premiere on Sunday, August 19 at 10PM ET/PT.
The eight-episode series will begin with 12 American women meeting in New York City and immediately confronted with their first challenge: how to hold themselves like proper ladies. Three of American Princess 2's participants will then be eliminated at the conclusion of the first episode, with the remaining nine traveling to Britain for a "princess bootcamp," where they are trained on everything from etiquette and grooming to presentation and style.
The women will then compete in weekly challenges designed to test what they've learned, with one being sent back to the States at the conclusion of each episode. During American Princess' second-season finale, which is scheduled to air Sunday, October 7 at 10PM ET/PT on WE tv, one of the women will be awarded a $50,000 cash prize; a $5,000 necklace from Kwiat; as well as the official British title of Lady of the Manor of Netherhall.
American Princess first-season judges Paul Burrell, an author and the former butler to Princess Diana, and Jean Broke-Smith, one of the U.K.'s leading etiquette and grooming experts, have returned for the show's second installment to critique the contestants. They'll be joined by a rotating panel of guest judges that includes OK! Weekly editor-in-chief Sarah Ivens; Access Hollywood co-host Tim Vincent; elocutionist Francis Wright; Royal Correspondent James Whitaker; Provost Sergeant in the British Army Tim Weston; Royal Ballet dancer Deborah Bull; and florist Jan Ward.
"Becoming a princess is a process, one that requires hard work, the will to succeed, an ability to take direction and often times, intense criticism," said Burrell. "This series gives us the chance to bring the My Fair Lady dream to life and make an immense contribution to these young women - one that will stay with them for the rest of their lives."
American Princess first premiered on WE tv last August with 20 women vying for the title instead of 12. Actress and Yugoslavian royal Catherine Oxenberg -- who starred in Lifetime's 2005 docu-reality series I Married a Princess -- served as a guest judge on American Princess' first season, however is returning to the show as its host for the upcoming second installment.
The 12 women competing on American Princess 2 -- as well as their WE tv-supplied bios -- are:
- Clarissa Santiago, an outgoing former beauty pageant contestant from Bronx, NY
- Tara Zynel, an opera singer and introverted arts student from Pittsburgh, PA
- Liz Rizza, a rapping college basketball player from Umpqua Valley, OR
- Cassie Shea Watson, a theater major from Longview, TX
- Letosha Joshua, a former military sergeant from Chief City, FL
- Danielle Sutterfield, a tree-hugging figure model from Arlington, TX
- Crystal Rowe, a nanny and former foster child from Folsom, CA
- Jasmine Espinal, a punk rocker from Orlando, FL
- Kirsten Stiff, an energetic teacher who makes dog tutus in her spare time, from Sarasota, FL
- Felicia Flick, a bikini-wearing boxer from Homer City, PA
- Yvonka DeRidder, a bi-sexual psychology student from Tampa, FL
- Nakia Vestal, a former exotic dancer from Baytown, TX
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.