A Look Back: The 2009 Reality TV Year In Review - February 2009
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/19/2009
With 2009 drawing to a close, it's time to take a look back at the year that was. The following is Reality TV World's 2009 Reality TV Year In Review, a 12-part, month-by-month review of some of the past year's reality TV headlines, highlights, lowlights, and milestones.
Today we continue our 12-day countdown with the second installment: February 2009.
- Project Runway's sixth-season finale films at New York Fashion Week with tighter security and decoys so the identities of the actual finalists don't leak, however the finale runway models still spill accurate spoilers about the finalists' identities.
- E! confirms it has ordered a The Girls Next Door spinoff starring Kendra Wilkinson.
- Former Skating with Celebrities couple Kristy Swanson and Lloyd Eisler get married.
- ABC announces it will air a Wife Swap 100th episode special featuring a new swap of two families who previously appeared on the show: the Heene family from Colorado and the Silver family from Florida.
- Rejected The Bachelor suitor Jillian Harris claims there would be both pros and cons to serving as The Bachelorette's next star and added she'd have to think about it if the role was offered.
Premieres: Jockeys (2/6); The Millionaire Matchmaker, Season 2 (2/12); Survivor: Tocantins -- The Brazilian Highlands (2/12); The Amazing Race, Season 14 (2/15).
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.