Domenick is a 38-year-old construction supervisor from Nesconset, NY.
Domenick entered the game of Survivor loud and swinging, and he initially rubbed people the wrong way. However, the castaway has learned to settle down a little bit, secure trust and make friends.
Once Domenick's closest ally, Morgan Ricke, was voted out of the game, he felt he could only rely on Wendell Holland, with whom he shared information of his hidden Immunity Idol.
But due to a rivalry between Domenick and Chris Noble, Domenick was able to gather more troops on his side -- Laurel Johnson and potentially Donathan Hurley. Domenick was thrilled to see someone like Laurel stepping up and making her own moves.
It will be interesting to see what happens with this new Naviti tribe post-swap if they go to Tribal Council in the next episode. Curious to learn more about Domenick in the meantime?
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Domenick Abbate:
- Domenick enjoys Crossfit, poker, skiing.
- The castaway grew up in a house with eight siblings, so he jokes that he grew accustomed to lack of food, clothes and showers. His father is his inspiration in life.
- Domenick can't stand fake people, small talk at parties, and judgmental people who are convinced they are better than others.
- Domenick's greatest personal accomplishment was quitting smoking, losing 65 pounds, and prioritizing his income by scaling back on the amount of time he spends gambling in the last seven years. He first realized he must make these dramatic life changes in 2009, about one year after his first daughter was born.
- If asked to describe himself in only three words, Domenick would choose calculated, intuitive and empathetic.