Stevie Wonder confirms 'Dancing with the Stars' participation talk
By John Bracchitta, 12/11/2008
Stevie Wonder apparently doesn't let his blindness get in the way of getting his groove on.
Wonder has confirmed recent rumors that he has been approached about participating on this spring's eighth season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars.
"It'd be fun, it'd be fun," Wonder told Steve Valentine, the host of Los Angeles' syndicated Valentine in the Morning radio program during a Wednesday morning appearance on the show. "I've watched it before -- no really -- I've checked it out before. But I've heard some talk of us possibly doing that, so we might."
However, the singer also said that nothing had yet been confirmed and that the idea has only been offered as a possibility.
"It's not impossible, but right now it's just a thought," he said. "I think it'd be fun."
Wonder added that he had been working on losing weight, but -- after Valentine's assertion that the dancers on the ABC show often lose weight -- added that he wouldn't want to go on the show to lose weight.
"I don't wanna be having to go there to have to lose my weight," Wonder said. "I'll give it a few more months, I'll come on it and it'll be cool."
When asked by Valentine if he knew how to dance, Wonder joked back that he didn't think it would be an issue.
"C'mon... if I have seven children, I gotta be able to dance right?" Wonder said with a laugh. "You know what I'm sayin.'"