Cory Monteith died of heroin overdose, according to coroner
UPI News Service, 10/02/2013
Cory Monteith died of an accidental heroin overdose, according to a final report issued by the British Columbia's Ministry of Justice on Wednesday.
The "Glee" star was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room July 13, 20013. He was 31.
Billboard.com quoted the B.C. coroner's report as saying Monteith died of a mixed drug cocktail involving "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
The report also noted investigators on the scene discovered "a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses" when they entered Monteith's room after he did not check out of the hotel as scheduled.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.