Bravo reveals 'Make Me A Supermodel 2' cast, series to debut March 4
By Christopher Rocchio, 01/14/2009
Bravo has revealed the identities of Make Me a Supermodel's second-season cast and announced the reality competition will premiere on Wednesday, March 4 at 10PM ET/PT.
Prior to the show's second-season premiere, Bravo will air a casting special on Saturday, February 7 at 11PM ET/PT.
Bravo revealed last week that it was revampingMake Me A Supermodel by completely replacing the first-season judging panel; dropping a co-host and moving to a single-host format; and doing away with the near real-time production format that allowed home viewers to determine each week's eliminations and the competition's eventual winner.
Instead, Make Me A Supermodel's already filmed second season will use a format similar to the rest of Bravo's current reality competition series, in which the members of the show's judging panel -- and not viewers -- will get to determine eliminations and the eventual winner.
In addition, none of the first season's four regular judges -- supermodels Tyson Beckford and Niki Taylor, fashion casting director Jennifer Starr and New York Model Management agency director Cory Bautista -- will be part of the second season's judging panel.
However, Beckford -- who also co-hosted Make Me A Supermodel's first season with Taylor -- will return as the new season's sole host and also still serve as a mentor to the show's male contestants. Australian supermodel Nicole Trunfio will replace Taylor as a mentor to the second season's female contestants.
The new regular judges -- which will also be joined by additional guest judges -- will be designer Catherine Malandrino; model Jenny Shimizu; international model scout Marlon; and Perou, a fashion photographer who served as a judge on the original U.K. Make Me A Supermodel reality series that Bravo's edition is based on. Make Me a Supermodel's grand-prize has also been slightly tweaked to include a fashion pictorial in Cosmopolitan magazine to go along with $100,000 and New York Model Management contract, which first-season winner Holly Kiser received. Kiser also received a spread in GQ Magazine for winning the competition.
- Branden, an 18-year-old from Lake Tahoe, NV who currently resides in Central Point, OR
- Chris, a 22-year-old from Libertyville, IL who currently resides in Chicago, IL
- CJ, an 18-year-old from San Ramon, CA who currently resides in Danville, CA
- Colin, a 21-year-old from Charlottesville, VA who currently resides in Northfield, MN
- Gabriel, a 22-year-old from Charlotte, NC who currently resides in Nashville, TN
- Jonathan, a 26-year-old from Southampton, U.K. who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Jordan, a 21-year-old from San Antonio, TX who currently resides in Tucson, AZ
- Karen, a 22-year-old from Ocean Springs, MS who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA (Season 2 viewers' choice winner)
- Ken, a 24-year-old from Winterville, NC who currently resides in Nashville, TN
- Kerryn, a 24-year-old from Russelville, AR who currently resides in Memphis, TN
- Laury, a 23-year-old from Miami, FL
- Mountaha, a 23-year-old from Londrina, Brazil who currently resides in New York, NY
- Salome, a 19-year-old from Altamont, TN who currently resides in Nashville, TN
- Sandhurst, a 22-year-old from Tobago who currently resides in Philadelphia, PA
- Shawn, a 30-year-old from Seattle, WA who currently resides in Pensacola, FL
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.