Mari is a 31-year-old online gamer from Los Angeles, CA.
She will be playing on the Vanua (Millennials) Tribe when the franchise's 33rd season premieres Wednesday, September 21 at 8PM ET/PT on CBS.
Mari calls herself tenacious, sharp and precise with a love and need to win at everything she does, as she competes in video games on a daily basis. She says she's not afraid to play both the hero and the villain on Survivor, mainly because villains have more fun! Want to learn more about her?
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Mari Takahashi:
- When asked to describe herself, Mari would say she's courageous, adaptable, calculating and multi-faceted. She also believes having excellent hand-eye coordination will help her in the game.
- Mari's hobbies include video games, rock climbing and traveling, but she absolutely can't stand stagnation and laziness.
- Before becoming an online gamer, Mari used to be a professional ballerina! She thinks she will shatter everyone else's chance of dominating in any balance challenge thanks to her background.
- Mari's personal claim to fame was Summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. More than just the accomplishment of climbing a 19,000-foot mountain, it marked her transition from the ballet world to a future full of unknowns.
- The castaway has accrued 6.7 million followers and 35 million fans across the Internet "by chance," she says.
- If she could have three things on the island with her, they'd be a journal and a writing tool; an iPhone with wi-fi so she could use Instagram; and a taco truck endlessly stocked with tacos, Mexican sodas and chocolate-covered churros.
- She feels her whole life has prepared her to come out of Survivor victorious, and she believes conquering 39 days of mental and physical exhaustion will make for her biggest win yet. About The Author:Elizabeth Kwiatkowski
Elizabeth Kwiatkowski is Associate Editor of Reality TV World and has been covering the reality TV genre for more than a decade.