David confesses he's a skittish guy who's been avoiding fun for years, but he seemed to have a great time playing Season 33 of Survivor. The 42-year-old television writer from Sherman Oaks, CA, appeared to gain confidence on the show. Want to learn more about him?
Below is a list of 10 facts Reality TV World has compiled about David Wright:
- David grew up a timid, bullied introvert in a small, suburban neighborhood in Philadelphia.
- The castaway is proud to have played chess against Magnus Carlsen, the No. 1 ranked player in the world. David thought his focus in chess would translate into the game of Survivor.
- David's pet peeves include sudden, loud noises; people who don't use a turn signal; people who believe in ghosts and psychics; people who are late for dinner; people who incorrectly use the word "nonplussed;" and, well, people in general.
- David admits to shying away from large social gatherings, outdoor activities and even the sun! Because of those things, the elements ofSurvivor were difficult for him to tackle.
- His inspiration in life is Mr. Spock from Star Trek because he's highly intelligent, logical and has trouble fitting in.
- David would say he's most like former Survivorplayers who struggled to blend in, like John Cochran (South Pacific and Caramoan). He boasts, however, he's great at solving puzzles like Joe Anglim (Worlds Apart and Cambodia) although David says he doesn't have his great hair or way with the ladies.
- The castaway initially wanted to compete on Survivor as a tool to battle his insecurities and overcome his fears and anxiety. David would describe himself as "OCD and nervous" as well as "neurotic and paranoid."
- David has written for popular shows including Family Guy, Malcolm in the Middle and Supah Ninjas.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- The castaway loves 3D printing puzzles and actually practiced specific Survivorpuzzles before going on the show in order to master them.
- David told Parade that he has a man crush on Jeff Probst although the host's dimples tend to disappear during Tribal Council sessions.