Report: 'America's Got Talent' judge David Hasselhoff hospitalized
By Christopher Rocchio, 11/27/2009
David Hasselhoff is reportedly back in the hospital.
The America's Got Talent judge was taken from his Encino, CA home by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Friday, Radar Online reported.
"I asked one of the paramedics how David was doing and he told me his eyes were rolling back into his head, he was drooling and that he'd had a seizure," a Hasselhoff neighbor told Radar Online. "This isn't the first time this has happened to him."
Hasselhoff has been taking anti-seizure medication and had been drinking alcohol prior to his hospitalization, sources told Radar Online, which also reported his teenage daughter was the one who called 911 on Friday.
"Paramedics were called to the (address omitted) in Encino for medical aid," Los Angeles City Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott told Radar Online.
"Paramedics arrived at approximately 11:51AM and later transported the patient a nearby hospital."
While initial reports indicated it was due to alcohol poisoning, his attorney subsequently stated it was "all a misunderstanding" and added Hasselhoff "was being treated for an inner ear infection and had a bad reaction to his medication," causing the hospitalization.
Hasselhoff had a highly-publicized problem with alcohol in 2007, when he required hospital treatment following a relapse and suffered public humiliation when an alcohol-fueled rant was caught on video by his daughter.
He later accused his ex-wife Pamela Bach -- whom he had fought through both a divorce and a custody battle that included both accusing each other of having alcohol-related problems -- of releasing the videotape. She subsequently denied the allegations.
In May, it was reported that Hasselhoff was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital after his daughter found him unconscious on the floor of his home due to an apparent case of alcohol poisoning.
His attorney subsequently called the report a "complete fabrication" and said Hasselhoff was instead taken to the hospital because he "wasn't feeling well."