NBC releases identities of its upcoming 'Average Joe 4' contestants
By Reality TV World staff, 06/25/2005
NBC has released the identities of the eighteen "average joes" who will be appearing in its upcoming Average Joe 4: The Joes Strike Back series. Debuting Tuesday, June 28 at 8PM, Average Joe 4 will feature the eighteen men competing for the heart of Anna Chudoba, a beautiful red-headed 26-year-old model and UNLV business management graduate (and former Fear Factor contestant) who was born in Poland and raised in Las Vegas.
While NBC is keeping mum about most of Average Joe 4's twists and turns, it has disclosed that similar to previous editions of the series, in addition to competing with each other, Anna's average joes will also have to compete with seven strikingly handsome hunks who are confident that Anna will only have eyes for them.
Beyond Anna's surprise at the inclusion of the joes, Average Joe 4 will also feature surprise visitors for both Anna and her joes, a romantic getaway to Tahiti, and Extreme Makeover-style makeovers for three of the rejected joes who will later be reintroduced into the competition. Three of the reality franchise's more popular former joes will also appear in Average Joe 4's premiere, including Brian Worth, the Average Joe 2: Hawaii finalist that Larissa Meek rejected in favor of hunky Gil Hyatt.
For those wondering, according to NBC, yes, Larissa and Gil are still together, with Larissa having recently relocated to Florida in order to be closer to him. Average Joe's other two matchmaking efforts haven't worked out as well. Despite her joint post-finale press appearances with selected himbo Jason Peoples, original Average Joe star Melana Scantlin now admits that when it came time to make her final selection, "I knew I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life with either [Jason or rejected joe finalist Adam Mesh]." And despite getting the chance to turn the tables in his own Average Joe 3: Adam Returns series, Adam was also unable to form a lasting relationship with Samantha Trenk, the Barney's sales clerk and wannabe socialite that he selected at the end of his own series. According to Adam, while both still live in New York, they're now only friends.
The "joes" competing on NBC's latest Average Joe edition are:
• Dante Alighire. a marketing and promotions manager for a Los Angeles, CA salsa company. Born and raised in Grandville, MI, Dante studied journalism and acting at Grand Rapids Community College. Formerly a waiter, Dante tried out for Average Joe because he thought it would be "fun to try something new," and he feels his best qualities are that he’s gregarious, driven, caring and giving.
• Arthur Apicella, a medical device company sales representative from Wantaugh, NY. Born in Flushing, NY and raised in Wantaugh, NY, where he still resides, Arthur received a degree in organizational behavior from New York University. He saw Average Joe as "a chance to meet a beautiful woman," and feels his best qualities are that he is friendly, articulate and intelligent.
• Chuck Ardezzone, a Woodside, NY resident who works as a waiter and also owns a production company called InTroubleZone Productions. A Oxnard, CA native, Chuck grew up in Massapequa and Valley Stream, NY and studied hotel and restaurant management at Nassau Community College. He was interested in being on Average Joe because he’s "always up for new things" and he thought he'd meet some interesting people. He feels his best qualities are that he’s fun, easygoing, loyal and a good listener.
• Daniel Boncel, a Snap-on Tools accounting manager from Oak Creek, WI. Born and raised in Milwaukee, WI, Daniel received his degree in business administration from University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He feels his best qualities are that he is outgoing and funny, and has a positive attitude.
• Gino Cafarelli, a comedy producer and writer for independent films and radio who currently lives in the Bayside area of Queens, NY. Born and raised in Queens, Gino received a bachelor of science degree in management from St. Johns University and previously worked in the pest control field. He thought being on Average Joe would be a good "life experience" and feels that his best qualities are that he is funny, outgoing and comes from a great family.
• Aaron Clauset, a Albuquerque, NM resident who is pursuing his Ph.D in computer science at the University of New Mexico. Born and raised in Winston-Salem, NC, Aaron majored in physics at Little Haverford College. Aaron feels his intelligence, honesty and dedication -- as well as his adventurous spirit and sense of humor -- are his best qualities.
• Clay Ellis, a Dallas, TX resident who works in sales with a building services company. Born and raised in Sugar Land, Texas, a suburb of Houston, Clay received a degree in business administration from Texas A&M University and formerly worked as a credit analyst. Clay saw Average Joe as a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make new friends and possibly meet the woman of his dreams," and hoped to "show America that you are only ‘average’ if you choose to be ‘average.’" He credits his parents for raising him to be a gentleman, and feels his best qualities are his sense of humor and positive outlook on life.
• Aaron Feldon, a finance manager at "This Old House" who grew up and still resides in Springfield, NJ. Aaron graduated from Rutgers University with a bachelor of science degree in finance. He says his "passion for reality TV" led to his appearance on Average Joe, and he feels his best qualities are his "sarcastic, witty personality" and his "relaxed, dependable demeanor."
• Harold Gold, a senior associate at an investment management firm in New York City. Born and raised in Jersey City, NJ, where he still resides. Harold received a bachelor of science degree and an MBA in business management from St. Peter’s College. Harold thought being on Average Joe would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and feels his best qualities are his sense of humor, his personality and his ability to listen.
• Nathan Griffin, who works in a café in Tampa, FL. A New England native, Nathan spent a few of his younger years living in England but was raised primarily in the Northeast part of the United States. A former Air Force missile technician, he attended the University of South Florida for one year and hopes to return there in the near future. He thought Average Joe would be a great opportunity to push himself to do things he'd never done and learn more about himself, as well as an opportunity to meet new people and hopefully a new romantic interest. He feels his best qualities are that he’s very easy to talk to and very approachable.
• Matt Hoffman, an online courseware developer from Elgin, IL. Matt was born in Chicago and raised in the northwest suburbs of the city and graduated from Bradley University with degrees in radio/TV communications and psychology. He went on Average Joe for the experience, the "free vacation" and because he thought it would be "an exciting chapter in his life." The Mensa member feels his best qualities are that he is intelligent, charismatic, funny and "extremely talented" in the areas of music and technology.
• Jason Marcus, a law student and law clerk who currently resides in Athens, GA. A New Jersey native, Jason was raised in Roswell, GA and currently attends the University of Georgia School of Law. He received his bachelor of arts degree in political economics from Tulane University, and went on Average Joe because he wanted to do something "different and exciting" before graduating from law school. Jason feels his best qualities are his intelligence, sense of humor and strong character.
• Damian Muziani, a fundraising executive from Philadelphia, PA. Born and raised in Woodbury, NJ, Damian is a Mensa member who received a degree in communications from William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. He was interested in appearing on Average Joe to see "if west coast women are any different from Jersey girls." Damian thinks his best qualities are his sense of humor, honesty and intelligence.
• Josh Nachlas, a New York City resident who works as a liaison between doctors and cancer patients at a hospital, administering tests and procedures and serving as a friend and counselor to patients. A Detroit native who grew up in Kansas City, Josh graduated with a degree in biology at the University of Kansas. He thought Average Joe would be a new and exciting experience. He feels like his best qualities are his sense of humor and his ability to engage people and make them feel like they're the only ones in the room.
• Bill Parks, a Los Angeles, CA "entrepreneur" who was born and raised in Delaware.
• Nick Parlin, a professional magician and casino poker dealer who currently resides in Tampa, FL. Although born in Tampa, Nick was raised in the Phillipines for the first five years of his life. He thinks his best qualities are his personality and generosity.
• Igor Zhivotovsky, a Brooklyn, NY native who drives a "party bike," taking people on bike rides around New York City. Previously employed as a bartender, Igor studied radio broadcasting and theater at Kingsborough Community College. He feels that his best qualities are that he’s funny and outgoing.