Mindy McCready reportedly in rehab and kids taken away
UPI News Service, 02/07/2013
The Arkansas Department of Human Services has removed Mindy McCready's young sons from her home while the singer goes to rehab, E! News reported.
McCready's once-bright music career has been eclipsed in recent years by her erratic behavior, battles with drug and alcohol addiction, and legal woes.
She was back in the news last month after boyfriend David Wilson was found dead. The cause is still under investigation, but McCready has said he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. She also has denied any involvement in his death.
"Mindy needs to get help and we all care and love her and we want her to get the right help so she can move on," E! News quoted an unnamed source as saying.
The media outlet said an emergency hearing was held Wednesday and a judge ordered the recording artist to be committed to a treatment facility for 21 days to deal with her mental-health and alcohol-abuse issues.
E! News did not say where McCready's sons -- Zander, 6, and Zayne, 9 months -- are after being removed by child-protection workers.