Bravo reveals 'Launch My Line' cast, series to debut September 16
By Christopher Rocchio, 07/27/2009
Bravo has announced Launch My Linewill premiere on Wednesday, September 16 at 10PM ET/PT and revealed the identities of the 10 professionals and 10 expert designers who will be competing on the new reality design competition.
Launch My Line will begin with the 10 expert fashion designers being paired with one of 10 established professionals who "have always dreamed of having their own clothing line," according to Bravo.
The contestants will work with the established designers to bring their fashion vision to life and at the end of each episode, a complete outfit from each duo will walk the runway in front of a live studio audience. Fashion notables Stephanie Greenfield and Lisa Klein will serve as judges.
Launch My Line will conclude with one of the teams being declared the winner -- with the professional having their clothing line launched and the design expert receiving $50,000. The reality competition will be hosted by twin brother designers Dean and Dan Caten.
Launch My Line is being produced by Lake Paradise Entertainment, with Holly M. Wofford and Viki Cacciatore serving as executive producers.
The 10 professionals competing in Launch My Line -- and their Bravo-supplied bios -- are:
- Dan Karaty, a choreographer from Wyckoff, NJ who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- David Applebaum, an architect from Houston, TX who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Eric Cubeechee, a DJ from Los Angeles, CA
- Kathy Rose, a jewelry designer from Tehran, Iran who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Kevin Black, a music mogul from Bronx, NY who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Louanna Rawles, a stylist from Los Angeles, CA
- Marilyn Crawford, a CEO from Lancaster, SC who currently resides in Las Vegas, NV and New York, NY
- Merle Ginsberg, a fashion critic from Atlantic City, NJ who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Patrick McDonald, a fashion writer from San Luis Obispo, CA who currently resides in New York, NY
- Vanessa Gonzalez, an event designer from Los Angeles, CA
The 10 expert designers competing inLaunch My Line -- and their Bravo-supplied bios -- are:
- Akiko, a 31-year-old from San Diego, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Coco, a 37-year-old from Thailand who currently resides in New York, NY
- Emil, a 39-year-old from Linz, Austria who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Galina, a 45-year-old from Odessa, Russia who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Jim, a 35-year-old from Strathmore, CA who currently resides in West Hollywood, CA
- Julie, a 29-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
- Roberto, a 41-year-old from Bal Harbour, FL who currently resides in Hollywood, CA
- Susan, a 26-year-old from Atlanta, GA who currently resides in Pasadena, CA
- Thai, a 28-year-old from Olympia, WA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Tressa, a 32-year-old from Norwich, VT who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.