It will follow five women and five men as they live together at Las Vegas' Planet Hollywood Hotel mansion under the impression that they are competing in a beauty pageant-like reality competition series in which they will be judged solely on their physical beauty.
However, unbeknownst to them, the contestants will also be getting judged on their "inner beauty" and will be put through scenarios that will make them reveal different aspects of their inner character.
While former TRL host Vanessa Minnillo will reprise her hosting and judging role, first-season judges Cheryl Tiegs and Nole Marin will not be joining her.
Instead, Minnillo will be joined by former Queer Eye for the Straight Guy Fab 5 member Carson Kressley -- who will also co-host the series -- and Howard Stern's wife Beth Ostrosky Stern.
Each episode will feature the judges monitoring the contestants, critiquing their behaviors, and ultimately eliminating one contestant. The contestants will only be told the truth about the competition as they watch a montage of their show behavior after their eliminations.
The winner will receive a $100,000 cash prize and a feature article in People magazine.
ABC renewed the eight-episode series last May and it is produced by Tyra Banks' Bankable Productions, former Beauty and the Geek producers Ashton Kutcher and Jason Goldberg's Katalyst Films, and Warner Horizon.
The five females competing on True Beauty's second season are:
- Amy Schmoldt, a 22-year-old bartender from New Brunswick, NJ
- Erika Othen, a 25-year-old singer/cocktail waitress from Long Island, NY
- Liz Parada, a 31-year-old model from Hollywood, FL
- Michelle Mozek, a 21-year-old dancer from Dallas, TX
- Regina Villano, a 22-year-old teen pageant queen from Tabernacle, NJ
The five men competing on True Beauty's second season are:
- Craig Francyzk, a 29-year-old retail manager from Winnipeg, Canada
- David Palmer, a 24-year-old DJ/astrologer from Huntington Beach, CA
- JD Scott a 26-year-old real estate agent from Los Angeles, CA
- Michael Allen, a 25-year-old actor/model from Miami, FL
- Taylor Bills, a 24-year-old former professional athlete from Irvine, CA