ABC assembles "Dream Team" for Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter's 'Bachelorette' wedding
By Reality TV World staff, 10/28/2003
When Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter exchange wedding vows on their upcoming televised wedding extravaganza, their love will be plentiful, but so will their surroundings. From the wedding planner to the florist to the designers and the wedding cake, ABC will be ensuring that Trista and Ryan will enjoy the best of the best!
The couple's televised wedding journey begins with an hour-long special on Wednesday, November 26 (9-10 PM ET) on ABC. In the episode, Trista and Ryan meet their wedding planner and make important decisions about their wedding. With some major decisions made, the second episode -- which airs Wednesday, December 3 (9-10 PM ET) -- will find the couple celebrating with family and friends via bachelor and bachelorette parties at the luxurious Le Meridien Resort on the island of St. Martin. And then, the much anticipated big event...Trista and Ryan pledge their love and commitment in a two-hour wedding of a lifetime, on Wednesday, December 10 (9-11 PM ET).
Gifted artisans who lent their talents and expertise as members of Trista and Ryan's wedding extravaganza "Dream Team" include:
• MINDY WEISS, Wedding Coordinator - As a party and event coordinator for more than eleven years, Mindy Weiss is one of the most sought-after in the business. Her unique ideas and unexpected decor accents have made her a top choice for many celebrity clients. She will guide Trista and Ryan through the dozens of choices needed to make their wedding a fantastic event.
• BADGLEY MISCHKA, Gown Designers - Since joining forces in 1988, Mark Badgley and James Mischka have captivated the fashion world with their sophisticated style, which caters to a younger, more modern couture customer. The duo has dressed some of Hollywood's brightest stars for their most important events, including the Academy Awards, the Emmy Awards and the Golden Globes. For Trista the pair will design two gowns - one for the wedding ceremony and another for the reception.
• KENNETH COLE, Tuxedo Designers - Kenneth Cole, international designer, marketer, wholesaler and retailer of high-quality branded footwear, apparel and accessories for men and women, is also known for socially conscious advertising campaigns. Groom Ryan Sutter and his five groomsmen will be outfitted entirely in Kenneth Cole apparel, including tuxedos, shirts and footwear.
• AMSALE, Bridesmaid and Mother-of-the-Bride Dress Designers - Designer Amsale (pronounced Am-Sa-LAY) launched her company in 1986 with the purpose of creating timeless and fashionable gowns for bridalwear with a strong yet feminine look. For Trista Rehn's five bridesmaids and for the bride's mother, Amsale will create custom gowns that are sure to dazzle.
• LENOX CHINA, Custom China Pattern for the Couple -- For more than 100 years, Lenox, the Gift Company, has helped Americans celebrate life by creating exquisite tableware, gifts and collectibles for families across America. Since 1918, Lenox has produced five presidential services for the White House. The placesetting for Trista and Ryan is the first in the company's history to be produced for anyone outside of public office.
• STUART WEITZMAN, Bride's Shoe Designer - Stuart Weitzman, Inc., headed by designer Stuart Weitzman, is one of the country's largest manufacturers and retailers of high-fashion women's footwear. Known for their unique designs and exotic materials, Weitzman's shoes are sold in 50 countries worldwide. For Trista Mr. Weitzman had designed a dazzling pair of custom shoes.
• LAURA MERCIER, Makeup Artist/Cosmetics Line - Laura Mercier, known for her specialty of creating the flawless face, is a world-renowned makeup artist and creator of Laura Mercier Cosmetics, Skincare and Body & Bath Fragrance. For the wedding Laura Mercier will create a timeless look for Trista's special day.
• LOUIS LICARI, Hair Stylist - Louis Licari, is the owne of very successful salons in both New York and Beverly Hills, is best know as the "king of color" and the creator of modern color that works for the individual woman. Louis Licari will maintain Trista's blonde hair light and bright, and put a modern twist on the traditional length. The overall look is bouncy and full of character, like Trista.
• KATINA KATOO, Flower Girl Dress Designer - Katina Katoo is a collection at the forefront of contemporary and elegant special occasion designs for girls, and is available at the finest children's and bridal specialty stores nationwide. For Trista and Ryan's flower girls they will create a look that is fresh and fun, yet classic and elegant.
• MARK'S GARDEN, Florist - Floral designer Mark Held is known for creating the floral dÈcor for some of Hollywood's most celebrated residents and events - including the Academy Awards Governor's Ball. For Trista and Ryan he will create a magical, floral wonderland, using more than 20,000 roses and hundreds of candles.
• TACORI, Wedding Rings/Jewelry Designer - For more than 30 years, Tacori has been a trendsetter in bridal jewel design with their signature platinum and diamond styles. The family-owned company designed custom, platinum and diamond wedding bands for Trista and Ryan.
• PERFECT ENDINGS, Wedding Cake - Widely considered to be the premier wedding and special occasion cake purveyor in the country, their celebrated creations are praised as much for their taste as they are for their look. For Trista and Ryan, the San Francisco Bay area-based company will create an original masterpiece of edible art.
• LEHR & BLACK, Wedding Invitations, Stationery - For more than 30 years, Lehr and Black has been the premiere custom invitation company for social invitations. Many celebrities have chosen the company for their incredible attention to detail and use of materials, including paper, fine fabrics, metals and more. Trista and Ryan created custom wedding invitations for their 300 guests.
In February of this year, over 30 million viewers watched as Trista Rehn chose Ryan Sutter on the romance reality series, "The Bachelorette." Now, for the first time ever, viewers can share in the culmination of this romantic journey by witnessing their union and the exciting festivities surrounding it .