ABC announces the identities of 'True Beauty's ten contestants
By John Bracchitta, 12/31/2008
ABC has announced the identities of the ten contestants who will be competing on True Beauty, the new reality competition that will secretly judge inner beauty and premiere on Monday, January 5 at 10PM ET/PT.
True Beauty will feature six women and four men as they live together in a Los Angeles mansion under the impression that they are competing in a beauty pageant-like reality competition series in which they will be judged solely on their physical beauty.
However, unbeknownst to them, the contestants will also be judged on their "inner beauty" and put through scenarios that will make them reveal different aspects of their inner character.
The contestant who shows that they are the most beautiful contestant -- on both the inside and out -- will be crowned the winner and receive an undisclosed cash prize as well as a spot in People magazine's 2009 "100 Most Beautiful People" issue.
True Beauty will be hosted by former TRL host Vanessa Minnillo, who will also serve as a judge along with former model Cheryl Tiegs and former Top Model judge Nole Marin. Each episode will feature the judges monitoring the contestants, critiquing their behaviors, and ultimately eliminating one contestant.
The contestants will only be told the truth about the competition as they watch a montage of their show behavior after their eliminations.
The six women competing on the show will be:
- Ashley Michaelson, a 21-year-old designer's assistant from Rochester, NY
- Monique Santiago, a 21-year-old Go-Go dancer from Manhattan, NY
- Julia Anderson, a 23-year-old magician's assistant from Dallas, TX
- Laura Leigh, a 21-year-old model from Staten Island, NY
- Chelsea Bush, a 21-year old model/artist from Brentwood, TN
- Hadiyyah-lah Fatimah Sa'id, a 23-year-old audio engineer from Minneapolis, MN
The four men competing on the show will be:
- CJ Miller, a 26-year-old barista from Los Angeles, CA
- Billy Jeffrey, a 31-year-old vitamin store owner from Lewiston, ID
- Joel Rush, a 26-year-old imaging software salesman from Tampa, FL
- Ray Seitz, a 29-year-old artist from San Diego, CA
True Beauty's premiere will air immediately after a special two-hour premiere of the thirteenth edition of The Bachelor. After its premiere, The Bachelor will air 90-minute episodes and Samantha Who?, ABC's Christina Applegate sitcom, will serve as the 9:30PM ET/PT lead-in to True Beauty.
True Beauty is being produced by Banks' Bankable Productions; Kutcher and Jason Goldberg's Katalyst Films; and Warner Horizon.
(Photo credit ABC/Adam Larkey)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.