Michelle is a 28-year-old missionary recruiter for a Bible-translation organization from Yakima, WA.
She is playing on the Vanua (Millennials) Tribe and recently worked some magic in order to flip a vote onto Mari Takahashi so that her alliance member Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa could stay. No one really knew that Michelle was running the show.
The castaway believes she can "survive" Survivorbecause she is cunning and physically strong, she catches onto things quickly, and she has a unique ability to easily gain trust from people, who then feel comfortable around her. Want to learn more about Michelle?
- She grew up in church but was a little rebellious up until four years ago. God gives her joy and peace that she thinks will give her an advantage in the game.
- Michelle does have a boyfriend but planned to keep that a secret from everyone while playing the game. She says her "flirt card" could ultimately be a man's downfall in Survivor, as even a few iconic male figures in the Bible found women to be their downfalls.
- She is athletic and has stamina! Michelle previously won two state cross-country championships.
- Michelle's hobbies include learning, reading, dancing, and seeking beauty, adventure and adrenaline. She also loves nature, exploring, rock climbing, slacklining, studying dragons and the stars, and playing role-playing board games.
- The castaway can't stand it when a car's windshield wipers are on but the windshield is dry.
- Her personal claim to fame is traveling two months in Europe alone for less than $3,000 -- including airfare!
- If Michelle could take three things with her on the island, they'd be a good book to stimulate her mentally, spiritually and philosophically; waterproof mascara, because she would always like to look good on TV; and a large cozy bed.