Kanye West has reportedly been released from the hospital about a week after having a mental breakdown from overwhelming stress and sleep deprivation.

The 39-year-old rapper was discharged from UCLA Medical Center late Tuesday night, People reported.

"He is home, getting some rest," a source close to West told the magazine.

West, husband of Kim Kardashian and dad of 3-year-old daughter North and 11-month-old son Saint, has been under medical supervision and psychiatric evaluation since being admitted to the hospital on November 21 for acting "erratically."

West's behavior particularly raised eyebrows when he had canceled the remaining dates of his Saint Pablo tour last Monday and went on several public rants about politics and music icons Beyonce and Jay Z.

"Kanye is at home with Kim and the kids. He seems okay and happy to be home," a source close to the family explained. "Kim's family is visiting. Kanye will continue to receive treatment and help with how to cope with stress. He needs to learn how to better balance his work and family life."

West's "workaholic" tendencies reportedly caught up with him, especially after an incident hit him hard personally -- Kardashian's early October robbery in Paris that left her traumatized and scared to go out in public. West and Kardashian were also allegedly fighting in the days leading up to his treatment.

According to an insider, West "went freely" to the hospital "under the advice of his physician" and he was "not restrained" by authorities, People reported.

West reportedly stayed in the hospital for as long as he did because he wasn't quite ready to leave, and he was not held against his will.

"Kanye is the kind of person if he gets released and isn't mentally ready he will go back to his old ways and push himself over the limit again," a source told E! News. "He needs to keep up with counseling even though he has an intense work schedule. He is just really drained and still weak. He isn't himself."

Sources provided updates earlier this week on West's condition. He was reportedly "doing better" as of Tuesday afternoon and had been "really eager to make music" again, even from his hospital bed. 

Kardashian remained by West's side throughout his hospitalization. She even skipped out on a New York charity event honoring her late father Robert Kardashian to support him in Los Angeles.