Hannah Shapiro -- 10 things to know about the 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X' castaway
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 12/14/2016
Hannah Shapiro is one of six castaways remaining on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X, but she's surprisingly the only female left standing.
Hannah is a 24-year-old writer and barista from Boston, MA, who currently resides in West Hollywood, CA.
Hannah has positioned herself in solid alliances throughout the game, and now she'll be competing in Survivor's two-hour finale December 14 at 8PM ET/PT on CBS. Hannah has worked closely with Adam Klein in the game but recently developed a loyalty to David Wright, although he's one of the biggest threats left in Season 33.
Hannah has self-deprecating humor, especially when it comes to her love life and social skills. The goofy and bubbly brunette totally owns the fact she's "awkward." Want to learn more about her?
- Hannah used to think "lol" meant "lots of love" instead of "laugh out loud." She jokes about how she read many relationships incorrectly as a results.
- Hannah wasn't confident she could even survive in the game because she can barely avoid tripping on the sidewalk when walking in a straight line.
- She's been a fan ofSurvivor since she was 14-years-old and has hosted viewing parties with her friends in which they'd pretend to eat worms and dirt (gummy worms and Oreos) and indulge in Reward Challenge food.
- The castaway's pet peeves include people who like to kill people (what?), stick gum on public benches and fart in small elevators. She also fears bugs, the dark, death and loneliness.
- Hannah would describe herself as nerdy, competitive and weird.
- Her personal claim to fame is starring as Ben Franklin in her eighth-grade production of 1776. She apparently sang out of tune but people clapped, so it was an "electric moment of fame."
- Her inspiration in life is her mother, whom she says has super-human levels of toughness. While Hannah cries if she bumps her arm into something too hard or watches a video of a cat being tickled, her mom is the opposite. Hannah calls her a "warrior."
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Hannah believes she's most like former castaway John Cochran (Survivor: South Pacific and Caramoan) in that they could control the game without seeming threatening. They also both wrote college essays on the game.
- The castaway's hobbies include chewing gum too loudly, petting dogs, skiing, scuba diving, eating, and hula-hooping.
- She was third string on her eighth grade basketball team and therefore doesn't have much confidence in her athleticism.