Rick Springfield pleads no contest to reckless driving
UPI News Service, 08/10/2012
Rick Springfield has been placed on three years' probation after pleading no contest to reckless driving in Malibu, Calif., last year, officials said.
Springfield, 62, was charged with driving under the influence after police said they detected the smell of alcohol when they pulled him over while he was driving his 1963 Corvette Stingray.
TMZ said he made a plea deal with prosecutors Thursday in which they agreed to drop the charge in exchange for a no-contest plea to reckless driving.
In addition to being placed on probation, the former "General Hospital" star was ordered to attend a two-month traffic program.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.