Kathy Griffin denies 'My Life on the D-List' fifth season deal with Bravo
By John Bracchitta, 10/14/2008
Kathy Griffin wants her Emmy gold converted into more cash in her wallet.
Although Bravo stated it had already renewed her Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List reality series after the show's second-straight Emmy Award win last month, Griffin says she still hasn't signed a deal for a fifth season of the show, the Chicago Sun-Timesreported on Friday.
"You'd think that having won a second freakin' Emmy would entitle me to a few more bucks... Hey, I'm just looking for tens more dollars from Bravo," Griffin told the Sun-Times of her contract negotiations with network.
While Griffin told the Sun-Times she does hope to reach a deal with Bravo -- which has aired Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List since its debut in 2005 -- she's also keeping her options open.
"I am talking to another [broadcast] network and a cable network, so we'll see," Griffin told the paper.
Last month's Bravo statement had come in response to a New York Post report in which the newspaper had reported that Griffin was being "aggressively" pursued by other networks and Bravo -- which is already the process of losing its flagship Project Runway reality series -- was "about to lose another winning show."
This isn't the first time that Bravo has allegedly confirmed or announced a reality show's renewal before reaching an agreement with its stars. Earlier this year, the network was reportedly involved in a similar situation with the cast of its The Real Housewives of New York City series.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.