The Jon & Kate Plus 8 matriarch has filed an application for child support and temporary spousal support due to her recent claims that her estranged husband Jon Gosselin withdrew nearly $230,000 from their bank account, her divorce attorney Mark Momjian toldPeople in a Friday report.
"She needs relief in light of the draining of substantial marital assets in violation of the arbitrator's decision that the money should be used only for specific purposes," Momjian told People.
Last Monday, Kate appeared on NBC's Today and alleged that Jon "took $230,000 of the $231,000 that we have liquid. I have a stack of bills in my purse I can't drop in the mail."
"I have the accounting over the last few months and it's exactly $230,000 beginning on August 10 and his last withdrawal was September 29," she said.
Jon subsequently defended himself by describing the withdrawals as his "paycheck" for Jon & Kate Plus 8 and said he's taken $177,500 from the couple's bank accounts over the course of the last year "in small increments."
The momentary argument between Jon and Kate will be addressed during a Tuesday hearing by a court-appointed arbitrator, Momjian told People.
Momjian said Kate's application for child support and temporary spousal support was filed around the same time as an emergency petition asking a Montgomery County judge to order Jon to return the money, according to People.
While that hearing was scheduled for this past Wednesday, it was canceled because the judge's wife died and a new court date has not been set.
Jon's attorney Mark Heller did not have an immediate comment on Kate's filing, however he has previously stated he thinks the financial disagreements can have a "cordial resolution."
"We are hoping in the next few days we can all do some bookkeeping," he told People.