Jon Gosselin fires lawyer, to settle custody dispute with Kate "privately"
By Christopher Rocchio, 04/22/2010
Jon Gosselin has fired his lawyer and claims he now plans on settling his current custody dispute with ex-wife Kate Gosselin on his own.
"Mr. Anthony List Sr., Esq. is not my representing attorney; I terminated him on April 15, 2010. He has no legal right to speak to the press or anyone on my behalf," wrote the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star in a Thursday morning post to his Twitter account.
"Kate, her attorneys and I are moving forward to work out things privately and amicably."
Jon's Twitter post came only a few hours after List told TMZ that Jon still planned to press onward with his court filing for primary physical custody of his eight kids with Kate despite her ouster from Dancing with the Stars earlier this week.
"Dancing with the Stars is just the tip of the iceberg for Kate, as surely there will be many other projects to take its place soon," List told TMZ, referencing her two new TLC projectsKate Plus 8 and Twist of Kate.
"She's always promoting something... and most of the time it's herself."
The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 stars are currently due in Pennsylvania court on May 25 for a hearing on Jon's motion for primary physical custody and his request for a judge to review the current child support arrangement.
Kate's lawyer has previously objected to Jon's filing for primary physical custody and child support due to "numerous procedural defects" as well as a failure to "conform to law or rule of court" and asked a judge to dismiss the request because of it.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.