Reality TV World Show Updates   People News   TV Ratings News   Entertainment News   RealityTVDB   POP Hollywood   Spoiler News
Features & Interviews   Sexy Social Pics of the Day   Things to Know Profiles   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > Jon & Kate Plus 8

TLC announces 'Twist of Kate,' 'Kate Plus 8' Kate Gosselin TV projects


By Christopher Rocchio, 04/08/2010 

Kate Gosselin is returning to TLC.

ADVERTISEMENT
The network has announced it has ordered Twist of Kate, a new reality series starring the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 matriarch, and Kate Plus 8, a series of specials that will follow her family life without ex-husband Jon Gosselin, USA Today reported Wednesday.

Twist of Kate will follow the current Dancing with the Stars tenth-season celebrity participant as she receives fan letters from women inspired by her story and uses them as the basis for profiles of women facing their own challenges, according to USA Today, which added TLC ordered 12 episodes of the series and it will debut in late summer.

"I look at it as a loose concept," Kate told USA Today.

"I want to be out there learning from others, helping to provide insight whenever I can, though I don't consider myself an expert on anything."

In addition, Gosselin will visit the homes and workplaces of everyday people for her profiles.

"She will be in that person's shoes. And more often than not, it's not going to be terribly comfortable for her," TLC president Eileen O'Neill told USA Today.

"She's game for things, but she also has limits and boundaries."

Last September, TLC announced plans to relaunch Jon & Kate Plus 8 as Kate Plus 8 in November, and its original concept was to continue following Kate and feature Jon on a "less regular basis."

That didn't sit too well with Jon, who allegedly followed through on a threat to force TLC to end Jon & Kate Plus 8 by suddenly claiming it was "detrimental" to his children after the network refused to release him from an exclusivity contract clause that he claimed was preventing him from earning "substantial" money by appearing on other television shows.

TLC subsequently sued Jon for breach of contract and Kate Plus 8 was shelved indefinitely. 

The network settled the lawsuit againt Jon, who had later countersued TLC, in February.  The whole Gosselin family remained under contract with TLC as part of the settlement.

Kate Plus 8 will now begin airing as a series of specials in June, according to USA Today, which added the first will focus on Kate's life as a single mom.

"The fact that people really support me and want the kids and I to do well... is flattering," she told USA Today. "I never understood the importance of fans until we struggled and went through tough times."

Jon and Kate's divorce was finalized in December, ending their 10-year marriage.

Earlier this week, Jon filed legal papers requesting primary physical custody of his eight kids with Kate and also requested a judge review the current child support arrangement.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.
















Take Our User Survey





Page generated Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:23 am in 0.37109303474426 seconds

About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed



Page fetched in 0.3841700553894 seconds