Reality TV World Show Updates   People News   TV Ratings News   Entertainment News   RealityTVDB   POP Hollywood   Spoiler News
Features & Interviews   Sexy Social Pics of the Day   Things to Know Profiles   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > Kate Plus 8

Jon Gosselin and TLC reach 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' lawsuits settlement


By Reality TV World staff, 02/17/2010 

Former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin's legal feud with TLC is over.

ADVERTISEMENT
The network has confirmed that it has reached a settlement with Gosselin, whom it had filed a breach of contract lawsuit against in October.

"TLC has reached a settlement with Jon Gosselin and will be undertaking procedural steps to conclude the litigation," the network said in a Wednesday statement.

"All terms of the settlement are confidential. The whole Gosselin family remain under contract with TLC."

TLC had sued Gosselin after he allegedly followed through on a threat to force TLC to end Jon & Kate Plus 8 by suddenly claiming it was "detrimental" to his children when the network refused to release him from an exclusivity contract clause that he claimed was preventing him from earning "substantial" money by appearing on other television shows.

The network's lawsuit had accused Gosselin of committing "numerous breaches" of the exclusivity clause and violating several other provisions of an April 2008 contract the family had most recently signed with TLC for Jon & Kate Plus 8.

Gosselin subsequently filed a $5 million counterclaim lawsuit against the network in November, claiming TLC had hindered his ability to make money by using the exclusivity clause to prevent him from working with other media outlets.

A judge granted TLC's request for a preliminary injunction preventing Gosselin from making media appearances and endorsements in December, after which his lawyer Mark Jay Heller had boasted that the family patriarch held "the key to the Jon & Kate Plus 8 brand" and the network should be anxious to reach a settlement so the reality show could resume filming.

Heller had subsequently reiterated those feelings earlier this month.

"It shocks me that they don't try and get this thing back on the air," he told RadarOnline.

However Jon & Kate Plus 8 is unlikely to revived despite the settlement, People reported.

"[TLC] hopes they will soon be able to film the family again," a source told People about the network's plans, which had originally included relaunching Jon & Kate Plus 8 as a Kate Gosselin-focused Kate Plus 8 show that would still feature Gossselin on a "less regular basis."

Heller told The Associated Press the settlement ending all the parties' litigation was filed Wednesday and Gosselin did not appear in court.


Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.














Take Our User Survey





Page generated Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 am in 0.52956414222717 seconds

About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed



Page fetched in 0.59914898872375 seconds