Fox News and Eric Bolling have agreed "to part ways amicably"
UPI News Service, 09/09/2017
Fox News Channel says Eric Bolling has left the network after a month-long investigation into sexual harassment allegations against him.
The Huffington Post cited in a report last month numerous unnamed sources who said Bolling, who is married and the father of an adult son, had sent female colleagues lewd messages via smartphone several years ago.
The moderator of The Fox News Specialists and host of Cashin' In has denied any wrongdoing and vowed to clear his name.
But Variety said the network announced Friday that Bolling would not return to work after he was suspended for weeks while the investigation into his alleged misconduct was carried out.
"Fox News Channel is canceling The Specialists, and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably," Fox News Channel said in a statement.
"We thank Eric for his 10 years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck."
Bolling has not publicly commented on his exit.
The Specialists will be replaced by a news program with rotating anchors and Bolling's Specialists co-stars Eboni Williams and Kat Timpf will remain Fox contributors.
Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes resigned last year after former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson filed a lawsuit accusing him of sexual harassment.
Multiple former and current Fox News hosts later made similar claims. Ailes died in May at the age of 77 after a fall in his home.
Longtime anchor Bill O'Reilly was forced to leave the network in April after it came to light that he had settled multiple sexual harassment lawsuits and many of his show's sponsors refused to advertise on the popular program, "The O'Reilly Factor."
Copyright 2017 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.