'Dancing with the Stars' pro Derek Hough talks about food poisoning
By Christopher Rocchio, 04/15/2008
If Derek Hough didn't have bad luck he'd apparently have no luck at all.
Less than two weeks after being hospitalized for a neck injury he suffered during rehearsals for a group routine, the Dancing with the Stars professional once again found himself in the hospital yesterday for food poisoning after reportedly drinking a protein shake.
"I was worried I might throw up," Derek told OK! Weekly backstage at last night's live performance episode broadcast. "But I was feeling a lot better by 4:30PM and I was pretty confident."
Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron told viewers about Hough's most recent hospitalization prior to his samba routine with celebrity partner Shannon Elizabeth during last night's broadcast.
"Derek was actually taken to the hospital earlier today with a bout of food poisoning," said Bergeron while holding a puke bucket. "Let's hope he's okay now for this dance on LIVE television."
A week after the couple found themselves near the top of the judges' leaderboard for their Viennese waltz, Elizabeth was criticized for her lack of movement during the samba, which was scored a 23 out of 30 possible points. However Hough's health was improved, which was a plus.
"I'm feeling much better," Hough told OK!. "It's a weird, freak thing that happened."
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.