'America's Got Talent' reveals semifinalists plus wildcard choices
By Christopher Rocchio, 08/08/2008
America's Got Talent revealed the identities of 39 of its Top 40 third-season semifinalists during last night's broadcast of the NBC reality competition series.
The episode initially ended with the show's judging panel -- David Hasselhoff, Piers Morgan and Sharon Osbourne -- selecting the Top 40 acts.
However host Jerry Springer subsequently alerted viewers via a voiceover that one of the acts selected by the judges would not be able to move on due to an injury that happened after the episode filmed.
"Since the recording of this show, Christine -- from the Russian Bar Trio -- suffered a serious injury when a jump went wrong, forcing them to withdraw from the competition," said Springer. "So the final spot is now open and you America will decide who gets it from the judges' wildcard picks."
The judges have narrowed the wildcard picks down to eight acts and viewers can vote for their favorite via NBC's website from now until Friday, August 15 at 4PM ET.
The eight wildcard acts are singer Donald Braswell II from Boerne, TX; contortionist Victoria Jacoby from Cape May, NJ; brother and sister salsa dancers Junior and Emily from San Francisco, CA; acrobatic dancers Lil' Countrie and Page 1ne from New Orleans, LA; sword swallower Dan Mayer from Hartselle, AL; performance artist Miss Pussykatt from Grand Rapids, MI; singer Kyle Rifkin from Harlem, NY; and pop 'n lock dancer Xclusive from Bradenton, FL.
The wildcard selection will be revealed on Tuesday, August 26 at 9PM ET/PT -- when America's Got Talent's third season returns from a brief hiatus following NBC's coverage of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, which begin today.
- Jonathan Arons, a dancing musician from New York, NY
- Indiggo, twin singer from New York, NY
- Nuttin' But Stringz, musicians from Jamaica Queens, NY
- Kaitlyn Maher, a 4-year-old singer from Ashburn, VA
- Slippery Kittens, burlesque dancers from Salt Lake City, UT
- Jonathan Burkin, a baton twirler from Clyde, OH
- Derrick Barry, a Britney Spears impersonator Modesto, CA
- Sick Step, a dance crew from Los Angeles/ Orange County, CA
- Extreme Dance FX, a dance group from West Covina, CA
- Neal E. Boyd, an opera singer from Silkeston, MO
- Eli Mattson, a singer/musician from Door County, WI
- The Taubl Family, musicians from New Haven, CT
- D.C. Cowboys Dance Company, a dance group from Washington, D.C.
- Joseph Hall, an Elvis impersonator Lincoln, NE
- Beyond Belief Dance Company, a dance troupe from Mesquite, TX
- Paul Salos, a Frank Sinatra impersonator from Garland, TX
- George the Giant, a giant/side show performer from Bakersfield, CA
- Jessica Price, a singer/musician from Freeport, MI
- Alex "Elite" Pyles, a martial artist from Galax, VA
- Sarah Lenore, a singer/musician from Plymouth, MI
- Flambeaux, a fire performance artist from New York, NY
- The James Gang, performance artists from New York, NY
- Texas State Strutters, a dance troupe from San Marcos, TX
- Ronny B, a singer/dancer from Honolulu, HI
- Queen Emily, a singer from Stockton, CA
- The Cadence, drummers from Springfield, MO
- The Tapping Dads, tap dancers from Temecula, CA
- Shimshi, a magician from Las Vegas, NV
- Matthew Piazzi, an impressionist from New York, NY
- Kazual, a boy band from Columbus, GA
- Shequida (Gary Hall), an operatic drag queen from New York, NY
- The Wright Kids, a family band from Rocky Mount, VA
- Michael Strelo-Smith,an opera singer from Castro Valley, CA
- Spc. Daniel Jens, a singer/musician from Milwaukee, WI
- Bruce Block, a performance artist from St. Joseph, MI
- Dorae Saunders, a Tina Turner impersonator from Columbia, SC
- Bryan Cheatham, a singer from Dallas, TX
- ZOOperstars, an acrobatic dance troupe from Louisville, KY
- Dallas Desperados Dancers, a cheerleading squad from Dallas, TX
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.