ABC releases identities of sixth 'Bachelor' edition's bachelorettes
By Reality TV World staff, 09/08/2004
ABC has released the names and profile information of the twenty-five women that will be appearing on its upcoming sixth edition of The Bachelor.
Debuting Wednesday, September 22 at 9PM ET/PT with its usual two-hour premiere, this season's The Bachelor edition will begin with the twenty-five women getting to determine which of two 40-year-old bachelors will be the star of this season's show.
In a special "Ladies Choice Ceremony." each of the women will secretly give a rose to either Jay Overbye or Byron Velvick, two attractive and accomplished -- but completely different - Bachelor candidates. Previously revealed last month, Jay -- the "city slicker" -- is a New Jersey native who has never been married and sells residential real estate in New York City. Byron -- the "outdoorsman" -- is a California native who has been previously married and is a professional bass fisherman who resides on a lake outside Las Vegas.
Once the bachelorettes select either Jay or Byron to be their Bachelor, the winning man -- who along with the losing man has had the benefit of watching the lady's initial poolside reception via nearby monitors -- will have to turn around and eliminate ten of the women without knowing how each bachelorette voted.
The twenty-five bachelorettes appearing in The Bachelor premiere are:
• Abby, a 29-year-old acrobat who currently resides in Henderson, NV
• Alma Rubenstein, a 35-year-old cafe owner who currently resides in Astoria, OR
• Amanda, a 27-year-old cosmetics buyer who currently resides in New York, NY
• Amy, a 27-year-old marketing consultant who currently resides in San Diego, CA
• Andrea, a 33-year-old dental hygienist who currently resides in Denver, CO
• Ashley, a 31-year-old teacher who currently resides in Santa Barbara, CA
• Carolyn, a 36-year-old financial advisor who currently resides in Tulsa, OK
• Cheresse, a 31-year-old advertising director who currently resides in St. Louis, MO
• Cynthia, a 37-year-old charity foundations director who currently resides in Hermosa Beach, CA
• Elizabeth, a 28-year-old in pharmaceutical sales who currently resides in Chicago, IL
• Jayne, a 37-year-old dog groomer, who currently resides in Key Largo, FL
• Jennifer, a 31-year-old account executive who currently resides in Seattle, WA
• Kelly, a 34-year-old actress who currently resides in Beverly Hills, CA
• Kerry, a 31-year-old nurse who currently resides in San Francisco, CA
• Kristie, a 32-year-old bar owner who currently resides in Windsor, Canada
• Kristin, a 27-year-old office manager who currently resides in Pensacola, FL
• Krysta, a 28-year-old financial analyst who currently resides in Oklahoma City, OK
• Leina, a 28-year-old advertising associate who currently resides in Chula Vista, CA
• Lisa, a 33-year-old teacher who currently resides in West Palm Beach, FL
• Melinda, a 39-year-old photographer who currently resides in Nashville, TN
• Natalie, a 34-year-old in retail sales who currently resides in Santa Monica, CA
• Nicole, a 28-year-old executive recruiter who currently resides in Libertyville, IL
• Susie, a 32-year-old insurance broker who currently resides in Hollywood, CA
• Tanya, a 31-year-old teacher who currently resides in Plano, Texas
• Wende, a 28-year-old model who currently resides in Austin, Texas
In addition to the initial group of women, two unnamed former "All-Star" bachelorettes will also return later in the series to compete for either Jay or Bryon's affection. Other changes for this season include having the Bachelor living together with the women in the "Ladies' Villa," a situation that the show's producers hope will result in the Bachelor establishing a much stronger relationship with his final selected suitor -- and hopefully eventually snap the show's dismal 0-for-5 track record.
Once again hosted by Chris Harrison, The Bachelor is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Telepictures Productions. Mike Fleiss is the executive producer. Lisa Levenson, Scott Jeffress and Jason Carbone are co-executive producers.