"We're no longer engaged," Maynard tearfully told People shortly after she finished taping a sit-down interview with The Bachelorhost Chris Harrison last weekend.
Maynard's interview with Harrison -- which features her "breaking her silence" and discussing her relationship with Womack -- will air during July 11's broadcast of The Bachelorette (due to the fourth of July holiday, ABC will air a repeat of this week's broadcast on July 4).
The 25-year-old Charlotte, NC resident said she hopes her comments will put "all the media speculation" to rest so she and her six-year-old daughter Ricki "can move on and get back to normal," according to People. While Maynard opened up to Harrison and told her side of the story during the on-camera interview, Womack declined to participate but later told People he takes full responsibility for the couple's break-up.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," Womack said in a statement.
However, Maynard told People she disagreed with Womack and suggested she and the 38-year-old Austin, TX bar owner just didn't have what it takes to make a solid relationship work.
"Just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other," Maynard said.
Earlier this month, Life & Style reported Maynard had confirmed that she and Womack -- who got engaged during ABC's March broadcast of The Bachelor's fifteenth-season finale -- had ended their relationship for good.
"There's nothing going on between us anymore. It's over," she reportedly told a reporter on June 1 before adding that Womack had been the one to end the relationship and done so via a phone call.
However, Maynard appeared to deny making the comments -- but not a split -- when a fan asked her about the Life & Style report in a subsequent posting on her Facebook fan page.
"We are not allowed to talk to any media. Just for the record," Maynard wrote in response to the fan's posting, which asked if it was "true" that she had spoken to Life & Style about her split with Womack.
Maynard's alleged comments followed several months of reports that the couple's relationship had been on the rocks -- dating back to ABC's March broadcast of The Bachelor's After The Final Rose special in which the couple admitted they had already broken up multiple times during the network's broadcast of the season, which had been filmed last fall.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!