'The Apprentice' to kick off nationwide casting tour on March 18 in New York
By Reality TV World staff, 03/17/2004
With its previously announced mail-in application deadline now past, NBC has announced that the network and Mark Burnett Productions are coming to a city near you to recruit candidates for the upcoming second season of The Apprentice.
The nation-wide tour launches tomorrow, March 18 at The Trump Building in New York City, where Donald Trump himself along with his boardroom colleagues George Ross and Carolyn Kepcher will be on hand to interview prospective candidates. Sixteen new contestants will be recruited for the competition which will film in and around Manhattan with all new challenges, twists and surprises. The Apprentice 2, once again starring The Donald, is expected to air in Fall 2004.
Prospective applicants should be able to take risks, bounce back after failing, succeed in a cutthroat environment, go against the tide, remain focused, think creatively and be a leader.
Tour cities and locations are as follows:
• New York (Thursday March 18, 9am) Trump Building 40 Wall Street, New York, NY. 10005.
• Atlanta (Saturday March 20, 9am) Hyatt Regency 265 Peachtree St. N.E. Atlanta, GA. 30303
• Boston (Saturday March 20, 9am) The Rack, 24 Clinton St. Boston, MA. 02116.
• Chicago (Saturday March 20, 9am) NBC5 Tower, 454 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL. 60611.
• Miami (Thursday March 25, 9am) Trump International Sonesta Beach Resort 18001 Collins Ave. Sunny Isles Beach, FL. 33160
• San Francisco (Saturday March 27, 9am) NBC 11 848 Battery St. San Francisco, CA. 94111.
• Austin (Saturday March 27, 9am) Buffalo Billiards 201E. 6th St. Austin, TX. 78701
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
• Omaha (Friday April 2, 9am) Nebraska Furniture Mart 700 South 72nd St. Omaha, NE 68114
• Portland (Friday April 2, 9am) Mall 205 9900 SE Washington Ave. Portland, OR. 97216
• Little Rock (Saturday April 3, 9am) KARK 4 1401 West Capitol Ave. Little Rock, AR 72201
Location and time for New Orleans will be announced shortly. Additionally casting calls updates will be posted on NBC.com
Interested candidates should arrive to one of the open calls listed above. Though it is not required, we recommend candidates to bring a photo ID and a completed application form available at www.nbc.com.
Contestants must be legally eligible to work in the United States and live in the United States; must be at least 21 years of age; must be in excellent physical and mental health; must not now be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one until six months after initial broadcast of all programs in which you appear, if selected as a player.
Prospective contestants, if selected to be interviewed, must timely complete, sign and return a completed interview agreement package that includes a background questionnaire form and authorization to obtain background information from third parties, and, among other agreements, be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed in June/July, 2003 (or otherwise scheduled by the producers) at one of the following locations nearest to you (listed above).
The Apprentice is produced by Mark Burnett Productions in association with Trump Productions LLC. Mark Burnett and Donald Trump are executive producers. Burnett is represented by Conrad Riggs who will also serve as a producer on the project.