Syfy reveals second-season cast of 'Face Off,' to premiere Jan 11
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 11/28/2011
Syfy has revealed the identities of 13 of the 14 contestants who will be competing on the second season of Face Off, a reality competition for special effects makeup artists, and announced it will premiere on Wednesday, January 11 at 10PM ET/PT.
Face Off's second season will feature 14 up-and-coming makeup artists participating in a series of hands-on artistic and genre-themed challenges including re-imagining iconic characters from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, creating a waterproof sea creature, bringing scary phobias to life, and designing and building dinosaur human hybrids.
Actress McKenzie Westmore will reprise her role as host of Face Off, while renowned makeup artist Ve Neill, special effects artist Glenn Hetrick and creature designer Patrick Tatopoulos will all also return as judges.
The new season -- which Syfy had announced in March when Face Off's first-season finale aired -- will also feature guest appearances from actor LeVar Burton, makeup artist Greg Cannom, actress Vivica Fox, actress Catherine O'Hara, musical artist Asher Roth, and horror makeup artist Tom Savini. In addition, actor Michael Westmore will serve as a mentor for the contestants in one episode.
The 14 makeup artists will be whittled down to three finalists who will face-off in the finale. The winning makeup artist will receive $100,000 to jumpstart their special effects career, a year's supply of Alcone makeup products, and a reinvented 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
The fourteenth contestant was determined by Syfy fans via online voting after the network had staged a live makeup challenge at the 2011 Comic Con in San Diego and will be revealed during Face Off's second-season premiere.
Face Off is produced by Mission Control Media with Michael Agbabian and Dwight D. Smith serving as executive producers.
The identities of the 13 makeup artists who will be competing on the second season of Face Off are:
- Athena Zhe, a 25-year-old from the Ukraine who currently resides in New York, NY
- Beki Ingram, a 30-year-old from Phoenix, AZ who currently resides in Crestline, OH
- Brea Joseph, a 32-year-old from San Diego, CA
- Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso, a 43-year-old from Fort Lauderdale, FL who currently resides in Northridge, CA
- Greg Lightner, a 35-year-old from Coral Gables, FL who currently resides in Pittsburgh, PA
- Heather Henry, a 33-year-old from Dallas, TX
- Ian Cromer, a 22-year-old from Tampa, FL who currently resides in Staten Island, NY
- Matt Valentine, a 33-year-old from Austin, TX
- Miranda Jory, a 21-year-old from Louisville, KY and Seattle, WA who currently resides in Los Angeles
- Nicholas "Nix" Herrera, a 31-year-old from Orlando, FL
- Rayce Bird, a 29-year-old from Shelley, ID
- Sue Lee, a 26-year-old from Long Island, NY who currently resides in Jersey City, NJ
- Tara Lang, a 27-year-old from West Hollywood, CA who currently resides in Littleton, CO About The Author:Elizabeth Kwiatkowski
Elizabeth Kwiatkowski is Associate Editor of Reality TV World and has been covering the reality TV genre for more than a decade.