Rashad is a 32-year-old running back who is currently a free agent in the NFL.
NFL players tend to have a great track record on Dancing with the Stars, but Rashad surpassed expectations with his overall performance on the show's current season. Rashad is definitely a frontrunner, as the ladies love him but he also has a very inspiring story and kind-hearted personality.
Will we see Rashad make it to the semi-finals with Emma, or will his journey on the ABC competition be coming to an end? Until we can find out, here are some things to know about Rashad.
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Rashad Jennings:
- The 6'1" athlete was born on March 26, 1985 in Forest, VA. He was a self-described "chubby kid with asthma and glasses."
- At age 13, Rashad was hospitalized for a week and told by doctors he couldn't own a dog, run or be around cigarettes due to his lungs. He said he was on his death bed but overcame the odds by working towards his big dream of playing pro football.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant was mentored in football by his two older brothers. They coached his private high school team at Lynchburg Christian Academy for free in order for Rashad to attend the school.
Rashad later left the University of Pittsburgh after one season as a true starting freshman in order to be closer to home and his father, who was diagnosed with diabetes and had both of his legs amputated.
- Rashad was drafted in 2009 in the seventh round by the Jacksonville Jaguars -- where he spent four seasons -- was signed by the Oakland Radars in 2013 for one season, and signed a four-year contract with the New York Giants in 2014.
- He tends to master any skill he attempts, including playing guitar, archery and poetry. He takes up a different hobby every offseason of football, and this year, he chose dance over learning a foreign language.
- Rashad was ranked one of the number one NFL safeties in 2015. In a breakout season in 2015, he started every game and set career highs in carries, rushing yards, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Rashad never drank alcohol or smoked a day in his life to make a strong statement to his father, who struggled with alcoholism.
- He is the founder of the Rashad Jennings Foundation and is dedicated to inspiring youth by making education fun, providing mentorship for individual success, and promoting health and fitness.