Although ballroom is very different from the style and technique of gymnastics, the athlete has been very quick to pick up choreography, and her stage presence is undeniable.
Simone is a frontrunner in the ABC reality dancing competition, but she continues to face tough competition -- including Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei and NFL free agent Rashad Jennings. Will she make it all the way like Olympian Laurie Hernandez before her?
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Simone Biles:
- The 4'9" athlete is Catholic and also holds Belizean citizenship through her mother. She refers to Belize as being her second home and it's her favorite place to travel.
- Simone Arianne Biles was born on March 14, 1997 in Columbus, OH. She has three siblings -- Ashley, Tevin and Adria -- and due to her mother's drug and alcohol addiction, Simone was placed in foster care.
- She was officially adopted by her grandparents, who had been taking care of her for several years prior, in 2003. Simone was later introduced to gymnastics during a school field trip to Bannon's Gymnastix at the age of six.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant is an animal lover. She has four German Shepherd dogs which she adores -- Maggie, Atlas, Lily and Bella.
- Simone typically trains in gymnastics 35 hours per week, and her career highlights include being an Olympic gold medalist in vault, floor, Individual and Team All-Around, as well as a bronze medalist on balance beam at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
She has accumulated a total of 19 Olympic and World Championship medals.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant's book Courage to Soar: A Body in Motion, A Life in Balance, which was published in November 2016, is a New York Times Best Seller.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!