Bonner, 29, is a model and former professional bull rider who probably never expected to make it this far on Dancing with the Stars.
While rehearsing for his first Dancing with the Stars performance well over a month ago, Bonner confessed on Good Morning America it felt like he had taken on "Mount Everest" by joining the cast. However, the handsome contestant has successfully learned how to ballroom dance.
It also doesn't hurt Bonner has amazing chemistry with Sharna. If viewers aren't rooting for this pair to win the DWTS mirrorball trophy, they're at least hoping the couple will date after the show. But for now, they are both single. So what else do we know about him?
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Bonner Bolton:
- Bonner was born on June 1, 1987 on a ranch in Odessa, TX, and he has four siblings who all have "B" names -- Bliss, Brody, Bridger and Brylee Bolton.
- The 5'11" Dancing with the Stars celebrity got a full-ride bull riding scholarship to Odessa College and Texas Technical Academy.
- Bonner was forced to retire from bull riding following a life-threatening accident during a January 2016 competition. Bolton flipped off the backside of a bull and then got trampled by the wild animal, snapping his C2 vertebra in his neck.
He was paralyzed for 24 hours and underwent a six-hour surgery but shocked the world when he was able to walk again three days later. Doctors told Bonner that 95 percent of people with his injuries never walk again.
- Bonner played Scott Eastwood's stunt double in the major motion picture, The Longest Ride, which is based on a Nicholas Sparks novel.
- In 2016, Bonner signed with IMG Models, the same agency that represents fashion icons Gigi Hadid and Gisele.
He has recently landed major campaigns including Saks Fifth Avenue.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- It's no surprise the cowboy loves country music. One of his all-time favorite artists is Chris Stapleton, whose songs apparently inspired Bonner throughout his long recovery process after the accident.
- Before breaking his neck, Bonner had persevered through several other serious injuries to rank among the world's top bull riders: In 2008, he tore his right bicep clean off the bone, sidelining him for nearly a year.
Years later, he broke his collarbone in four places.
- Bonner is religious, appreciates great art, loves good southern barbeque food as well as oysters, and enjoys paddleboarding, acting and fly-fishing.