Hannah seemed to love Mike's sense of humor and big smile from the start, but she didn't really get to know The Bachelorette bachelor until they enjoyed a one-on-one date in Scotland during the season's fifth episode.
And that competition proved to be too much for Mike to overcome when it came time for Hannah to decide which four bachelors she would visit for hometown dates and he was eliminated during his second one-on-one date with Hannah in the Netherlands.
During the date, Hannah acknowledged Mike had been a smiling leader on her journey to find love but noted one of the first conversations they had was how he didn't want to get his heart broken and was looking for his "fourth lady" to complete his family.
"I know I'm not that fourth lady," Hannah noted as tears screamed down her face.
Mike was glad Hannah said exactly how she felt even though it was hard to hear.
"I can't say I'm happy except thank you for being honest," Mike told her.
The pair hugged goodbye and then Hannah walked Mike out. She told the cameras it was "very hard" to eliminate Mike from the competition and it was "by far the hardest goodbye" she'd had to date because of how great of a human Mike seemed to be.
Mike had said Hannah's words were "like a dagger" to his heart that was twisted around.
"I know I'm ready for love and I was opening up my heart to Hannah, and I know that she crushed me," Mike said following his ouster.
Since his elimination aired, some The Bachelorette viewers have began clamoring for Mike to be picked as the reality franchise's next The Bachelor star. However, that decision won't be made until later this summer.
In the meantime, let's learn a little bit more about the fan-favorite bachelor who will be returning toThe Bachelorette spotlight during tonight's The Men Tell All special right now.
- ABC teases Mike has a lot of swag but is a romantic at heart.
- Mike calls himself a "city boy who loves to get down and dirty."
- Mike really wants to learn Mandarin and get into Parkour, a training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle-course training.
- Mike isn't a fan of heights. In fact, he was terrified Hannah might ask him to go skydiving with her on a date.
- Mike's ex-girlfriend unfortunately suffered a miscarriage while they were together, and The Bachelorettebachelor revealed it broke his heart.
Mike was prepared to propose marriage to the girl but then they lost the baby in the second trimester and their relationship fell apart.
- Mike blamed himself for the failure of that relationship, telling Hannah, "It was my fault because I wasn't there for her at the time. It's just one thing that I could be a better man at."
- The Bachelorettebachelor has dabbled in some modeling, especially in the suit department.
- Mike has a BreatheLife tattoo on his body that reminds him to smile. It also means a variety of other things to the bachelor.
- Mike volunteered for Breast Cancer Awareness in 2011-2012 as well as the Children's Aid Society. He also previously served as a mentor of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America program, according to Hollywood life.
- Mike is definitely a big football fan and roots for the Dallas cowboys.