Mark, 31, is a professional dancer, singer, songwriter, musician, and actor.
Mark first appeared on Dancing with the Stars way back in Season 5 and participated in every season right up until Season 23, when he took a brief hiatus.
And Mark certainly returned to Dancing with the Stars for Season 25 with a bang. He is partnered with internationally-recognized violinist Lindsey Stirling, and together, they are unstoppable on the stage.
Mark is due for another mirrorball trophy, as his last title was in 2009 with Shawn Johnson. Lindsey could be Mark's ticket to another victory. With the finals right around the corner, the couple is sure to bring their A-game and shock viewers with more creative routines. Curious to learn more about the man behind the choreography?
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Mark Ballas:
- Mark was born in Houston, TX, on May 24, 1986 to Corky Ballas and Shirley Ballas but grew up in London. He's been playing guitar since he was 10-years-old.
- Mark took a break from Dancing with the Stars for Seasons 23 and 24 to star as Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys on Broadway, which came to a close in January 2017 after a historic 11-year run.
- He doesn't think he can cook at all, and pizza is his guilty pleasure. His favorite sport to watch while eating pizza? Soccer.
- Mark married his bandmate Brittany Jean Carlson, better known as BC Jean, in late November 2016 in front of about 160 guests at a venue north of Los Angeles.
They got engaged one day before Thanksgiving in 2015, although Mark and BC Jean didn't confirm the news until two months later.
- The DWTS pro attended Rosemead Preparatory School in South London, but at the young age of 11, he earned a full scholarship to attend the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London.
- Mark says he's terrified of bees and wasps. And when he was six-years-old, he almost fell five stories over an escalator at a mall.