Love Island's format is a bit of a cross between Big Brother, Temptation Island, Bachelor in Paradise, and Paradise Hotel.
Love Island -- which airs six night a week in the U.K. -- will feature a group of single Islanders who must choose partners wisely all the while attempting to win the heart of home viewers, who will have the opportunity to shape events that will unfold on the show as they watch romances blossom.
The Islanders will be required to couple-up every few days, and those who fail to find a partner will risk being dumped from the island.
Challenges and dramatic twists come about as the Islanders form alliances and relationships and friendships are developed in an effort to win both love as well as the grand cash prize.
CBS announced it had orderedLove Island back in August 2018, shortly after British television wrapped its extremely popular fourth season of the show. The series' premiere was later revealed in late May.
Additional Islanders beyond the first 11 will be introduced and announced as the season progresses.
Below is the list of 11 original Islanders who will be appearing on Love Island this summer and CBS-supplied fun facts about them:
- Alana Morrison, a 21-year-old college student from New Haven, CT
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
Alana has never had a boyfriend, so she's looking for the guy who is funny and goofy. Her celebrity crush is Odell Beckham Jr.
- Alexandra Stewart, a 25-year-old publicist from Los Angeles, CA
Alexandra is looking for someone romantic, compassionate and supportive. She'll give a guy bonus points if he's tall and her celebrity crush is Liam Hemsworth.
- Caroline "Caro" Viehweg, a 21-year-old marketing student from Los Angeles, CA
Caroline is looking for a guy who is spiritual, loving, friendly, funny and authentic. Her celebrity crush is The Rock because she thinks he is sexy, strong, powerful and hardworking.
- Cashel Barnett, a 27-year-old model and musician from Sacramento, CA
Cashel's dream girl is someone funny. His celebrity crush is Tina Fey.
- Elizabeth Weber, a 24-year-old advertising executive from New York City, NY
Elizabeth loves traveling, mystery movies, beach volleyball and rollerblading. Her celebrity crush is Shawn Mendes.
- Kyra Green, a 22-year-old musician from Los Angeles, CA
Kyra is looking for that special somebody with a skater, artistic vibe. Her celebrity crush is Johnny Depp.
- Mallory Santic, a 25-year-old analyst for Nike from Vancouver, WA
Mallory is looking for someone who is motivated, independent, fun, wild and spontaneous. Her biggest pet peeve in a partner is a loud chewer.
- Michael Yi, a 29-year-old model from Miami, FL
While he can't describe his ideal romantic partner, he's confident he'll know her when he meets her. His celebrity crush is Jennifer Garner.
- Weston Richey, a 25-year-old photographer from Dallas, TX
Weston is looking for someone beautiful on the inside and out, and a great smile will really win him over. A fun fact about Weston is that he built his own house.
- Yamen Sanders, a 24-year-old real estate agent from Los Angeles, CA
Yamen's friends describe him as the life of the party and the best person to get advice from. His celebrity crush is Amber Rose.
- Zac Mirabelli, a 22-year-old grocery store cashier from Chicago, IL
Zac is looking for a trustworthy, supportive and goofy girl who brings out the best in him. His celebrity crush is Rachel McAdams.