Lindsey and Mark have received consistently high scores from the Dancing with the Stars judges, and they've performed a couple of unforgettable routines thanks to Mark's creative choreography and Lindsey's impressive natural dance ability.
With the semifinals coming up, will the couple deliver another outstanding performance?
Hopefully Lindsey's painful rib injury from two weeks ago won't flare up again and impair her moment to shine.
Below is a list of 11 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Lindsey Stirling:
- Lindsey was born on September 21, 1986 in Gilbert, AZ. She attended Mesquite High School and was in a rock band at the time called Stomp on Melvin.
- Lindsey's professional music career began in September 2012 with the release of her first self-titled debut album.
- Lindsey is a classically-trained musician and entertainer from Gilbert, AZ, who boasts almost 10 million YouTube subscribers and over 1.9 billion views on her YouTube channel.
- She is a writer too! Lindsey released her first book with Simon & Schuster in 2016, a memoir called The Only Pirate at the Party, which she co-wrote with her sister Brook S. Passey. The book debuted on the New York Times' best-seller list.
- Lindsey competed on Season 5 of America's Got Talent as a hip-hop violinist but was eliminated in the quarterfinals round. She also made a guest appearance on the show during Season 9 to perform her own song "Shatter Me."
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- She has won two Billboard Music awards and released four studio albums, with the latest -- non-holiday album -- being Brave Enough, which debuted at No. 5 on Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart and went on to score the No. 1 spot on Billboard's year-end Top Dance/Electronic Album list.
- Lindsey attended Brigham Young University in Provo, UT, to study film making, and she later served as a church missionary in New York City. She eventually graduated from BYU with a Bachelor of Science degree in recreation management.
- Lindsey struggled with anorexia during college for two years. Her initial interest in counting calories slowly grew into an unhealthy obsession of restrictions; however, through therapy and literary research, she came to realize her self-worth was not connected to what she ate on a daily basis.
- Lindsey is lending her likeness to a new comic book series called Sparrow, and she just released her holiday album Warmer in the Winter in late October 2017.
- The artists who have influenced Lindsey's music the most are Amy Lee from Evanescence, Skrillex, and Paramore -- especially its lead singer Hayley Williams. Lindsey also admires Pink as a performer.