- At the age of 13, Danelle was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa, a genetic eye condition where the retina progressively degenerates and eventually causes blindness.
She has no central vision and is losing her peripheral vision. Currently, her spotted vision limits her sight to less than five feet without any detail.
- Danelle's father, Peter, first introduced her to adaptive skiing in 2001.
- Skiing led Danelle to her husband Rob. They met in Taos, New Mexico, in 2005.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
Her severe vision required her to ski with a guide, a job which Rob had since Summer 2008. Rob was Danelle's eyes on the course.
- As Team Vision4Gold, Danelle and Rob have won 3 Paralympic bronze medals, 4 World Championship medals and over 50 Alpine Skiing World Cup medals.
- Danelle and Rob made history at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Paralympic Games as the first husband and wife visually impaired ski race team to compete and medal for Team USA. About The Author:Elizabeth Kwiatkowski
Elizabeth Kwiatkowski is Associate Editor of Reality TV World and has been covering the reality TV genre for more than a decade.