Born Cheryl Stephanie on May 3, 1984, in San Francisco, CA, she began dancing ballet at age 4 and switched to ballroom at age 11. She began competing professionally only two years later and went on to win multiple world dance championships, such as the 2005 World Cup Professional Rising Star Latin Champion.
Cheryl joined Dancing with the Stars all the way back in Season 2 and has won two mirrorball trophies. The brunette beauty has graced the ballroom almost every season since she began, with the exception of only a few to pursue other career interests.
This season, Cheryl is partnered with former NFL football wide receiver and six-time Pro Bowler Terrell Owens.
The pair don't exactly top the judges' leaderboard week to week, but Terrell has star quality and the popular contestant continues to survive the cut. Curious to learn more about Cheryl?
Below is a list of 6 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Cheryl Burke:
- She is of Filipino, Irish, and Russian descent.
- Her autobiography Dancing Lessons: How I Found Passion and Potential on the Dance Floor and in Life was released in 2011 and documented very personal details, including the shocking story about how her family's handyman had molested her at age five. (The man was sentenced to 22 years in prison.)
- Cheryl is currently dating actor Matthew Lawrence, whom she had previously been romantically involved with about a decade ago.
Cheryl gushed to People about how she could see herself spending the rest of her life with him.
- Cheryl made her TV acting debut in an episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody on the Disney Channel.
- The pro dancer finished in second place on the first season of I Can Do That, losing to Nicole Scherzinger. The talent competition aired on NBC from May to June 2015.
- Cheryl opened a dance studio in 2008, and the following year, she produced her own line of activewear. Cheryl has also promoted brands such as Impress Nails, Depend Silhouette briefs and Sargento Cheese.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!