'America's Next Top Model' reveals 14 finalists, cuts Delanie Dischert after sexy photo shoot
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 08/21/2015
America's Next Top Model revealed its 14 finalists and eliminated one contestant during Friday night's broadcast on The CW.
After the 14 finalists were selected and participated in their first photo shoot, Top Model judges Tyra Banks, Miss J. Alexander and Kelly Cutrone eliminated female model Delanie Dischert based on the scores they gave her combined with her week's challenge score.
This week's episode featured Season 22's Top 14 modeling for fashion photographer Erik Asla. The girls and guys were split into pairs and required to pose intimately together while wrapped in strange items such as chains, skinny belts and barb wire.
At panel, Tyra explained the scores this season will be based on a 1-10 score from each judge and then their 1-10 challenge score. The fan vote on social media is no longer being utilized, and if there's tie, the judges will determine which model goes home.
Best photo went to Devin, who received a 9 from Miss J, and a 10 from both Tyra and Kelly. With those numbers added to his challenge score of 7, Devin's total was 36 points.
Following Devin, Tyra handed out photos to Justin with 35.5 points, Lacey with 34.7 points, Mikey with 34.5 points, Ava with 33.3 points, Mame with 33 points, Bello with 32.3 points, Ashley with 32.2 points, Courtney with 30.7 points, Hadassah with 30.1 points, Nyle with 30 points, and then Dustin with 29.5 points.
Tyra's call-out order left Stefano and Delanie in the bottom two.
Stefano received a 6 from Miss J, a 7.1 from Tyra, and a 5.2 from Kelly. His challenge score was 8, racking in a total of 26.3 points.
Delanie earned 6 points from Miss J, 7 from Tyra, 5 from Kelly, and a challenge score of 8. Her total was 26 points.
The winner of Top Model will receive prizes including $100,000 from Zappos Couture as well as being the face of their national luxury brand re-launch in 2016, a fashion feature in Nylon, and a modeling contract with Next Management.
Below is the list of Top Model's 14 finalists competing on Season 22, the franchise's third Guys vs. Girls edition:
- Ashley, a 21-year-old 5'6" model from Brooklyn, NY
- Ava, a 19-year-old 5'4" model from Los Angeles, CA
- Courtney, a 21-year-old 5'3" model from Avon Lake, OH
- Delanie, a 21-year-old 5'9 1/2" model from Wilmington, DE
- Hadassah, a 23-year-old 5'5" model from Houston, TX
- Lacey, an 18-year-old 5'7" model from El Dorado, AR
- Mame, a 23-year-old 5'7 1/2" model from Silver Spring, MD
- Bello, a 26-year-old 5'9" model from Los Angeles, CA
- Devin, a 21-year-old 5'11 1/2" model from San Francisco, CA
- Dustin, an 18-year-old 5'11 1/4" model from Kernersville, NC
- Justin, a 23-year-old 6'0 1/4" model from Springfield, VA
- Mikey, a 25-year-old 6'1" model from Hollywood, FL
- Nyle, a 25-year-old 6'0 1/2" model from Washington, DC
- Stefano, a 23-year-old 6'0 1/4" model from Virginia Beach, VA