ABC reveals cast of new 'Bachelor Pad' spinoff of 'The Bachelor'
By Christopher Rocchio, 06/16/2010
ABC has revealed the identities of the 11 former The Bachelor bachelorettes and eight former The Bachelorette bachelors competing on Bachelor Pad, a spinoff of the reality dating series that will premiere Monday, August 9 at 8PM ET/PT.
The spinoff has been a long-time coming, according to The Bachelor and The Bachelorette host Chris Harrison -- who will co-hostBachelor Pad with rejected The Bachelor bachelorette Melissa Rycroft.
"We've always wanted to do an all-star edition, but we've never been able to do that without ruining our franchise," he said during a Wednesday appearance on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show.
"So we decided to just come up with a fun, don't-think-too-hard summer franchise. We bring back our all-star cast members and we put them in one house, sleeping in one room."
In addition to living together in the same Malibu mansion regularly featured on the ABC reality dating series, the contestants will also compete in a series of challenges -- some of which are inspired by incidents from previous seasons of the show.
The head-to-head challenges will have the contestants competing for immunity and the opportunity to go on a date with contestants of their choice.
In addition, the challenge's winner will also grant immunity to one of his or her dates via the presentation of a rose.
"They're going to be going through competitions and they're voting each other off -- the guys will be voting off the girls and girls the guys," explained Harrison, as each two-hour episode will conclude with evictions from the house.
While one participant will take home the show's $250,000 cash prize, Harrison said potential romance is also a prize many of the contestants are competing for on the series, which is currently in production.
"These people have all gone on these reunions, they've all been hooking up," he told Seacrest.
"So several of them that are living in the house have hooked up before, and now you have this added element of, 'Are we going to keep hooking up? Am I going to go for the $250,000?' It's incredible."
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
"Are they having sex in the house!?" asked Seacrest.
"You are more than welcome to, and I'm going to say that I won't confirm or deny that it is definitely happening," replied Harrison.
"That sounds like a confirmation," said Seacrest. "I didn't go to law school, but that sounds definitely like a confirmation."
"You get this many hot guys and hot girls in one house and things happen," said Harrison.
Seacrest then asked Harrison what's more important to the participants -- love or money.
"The good thing with our show -- and that's why we never really wanted to mess with our franchise -- there is no money. There's no catch at the end of our show. It's never been a game show, which is why I think it's lasted so long," said Harrison about The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.
"But Bachelor Pad is definitely more game element -- definitely."
Below are the full details on Bachelor Pad's contestants, including ABC's description of what each is memorable for.
- Ashley Elmore, a 30-year-old teacher from Fairfax, VA who previously competed on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love
Ashley once surprised Jake Pavelka in a flight attendant costume and was never shy about using tricks or gimmicks to get her way. She'll be sure to set off sparks among the gang.
- Craig McKinnon, a 34-year-old in dental sales from Toronto, Canada who previously competed on The Bachelorette's sixth season
Craig was the "villain" of Ali Fedotowsky's season and Jonathan Novack's ("the weatherman") biggest antagonist. Fun and games are in store when he crosses paths once again with "the weatherman."
- David Good, a 28-year-old in sales from Los Angeles, CA who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season
David conceived of the "man code" ("certain things you do and you don't do") during Jillian Harris' season. Among the contestants standing in his way will be his nemesis, Juan Barbieri.
- Elizabeth Kitt, a 30-year-old in sales from Los Angeles, CA who previously competed on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love
Elizabeth was labeled "the tease." Jake Pavelka once "made out" with her forehead when she told him to kiss her there. Shortly thereafter she was eliminated.
- Gia Allemand, a 26-year-old swimsuit model from New York, NY who previously competed on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love
Gia showcased her "model behavior" by opening up to Jake Pavelka about her insecurities.
- Gwen Gioila, a project manager from Philadelphia, PA who previously competed on The Bachelor's second season.
Gwen, older and wiser among the contestants, was America's sweetheart whose heart was broken by Aaron Burge.
- Jesse Beck, a 25-year-old general contractor from Peculiar, MO who previously competed on The Bachelorette's sixth season
Jesse B. is the sexy, strong, silent type. He'll have to surpass Season 6 castmates Jonathan Novack ("the weatherman") and Craig McKinnon -- who provoked him over his tattoos -- on the way to the finish line.
- Jesse Kovacs, a 28-year-old winemaker from Los Angeles, CA who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season
"The wine guy," Jesse K. melted the ice with Jillian Harris on a glacier in Whistler.
- Jessie Sulidis, a 25-year-old in cosmetic sales from Ontario, Canada who previously competed on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love
Jessie S. confronted Rozlyn Papa during the Women Tell All, but will her "lose lips" help or impede her chances on Bachelor Pad?
- Jonathan Novack, a 31-year-old weatherman from Houston, TX who previously competed on The Bachelorette's sixth season
Jonathan "the weatherman" loathes Craig McKinnon and once warned Ali Fedotowsky what a "dangerous guy" Craig was. Unfortunately for the weatherman, the forecast looks gloomy, as Craig is again among his opponents.
- Juan Barbieri, a 37-year-old general contractor from Los Angeles, CA who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season
Juan butted heads with arch-rival David Good, not just over Jillian Harris, but over everything else. He'll not only have to overcome David, but previous poor relations with his fellow contestants too, if he's to go all the way.
- Kiptyn Locke, a 32-year-old sales and operations manager from Encinitas, CA who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season
Kiptyn may have lost Jillian Harris' heart to Ed Swiderski, but those unforgettable washboard abs already makes him a winner among women across America.
- Krisily Kennedy, a 30-year-old personal assistant from Los Angeles, CA who previously competed on The Bachelor's seventh season
Krisily alienated some of the girls with her candor on the way to becoming runner-up in the quest for Charlie O'Connell's heart, but she may have to check her brusque demeanor at the Bachelor Pad door for a shot at the grand prize.
- Michelle Kujawa, a 26-year-old in sales from Anaheim, CA who previously competed on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love
Michelle's unsuccessful kiss with Jake Pavelka sent her home mid-date.
- Natalie Getz, a 28-year-old bartender from Hollywood, CA who previously competed on The Bachelor's thirteenth season
Natalie's famous line - "I like bears" - led to an embarrassing end for her and Jason Mesnick. Her past encounters with her fellow contestants may be a blessing or a curse.
- Nikki Kaapke, a 30-year-old administrative assistant from Chicago, IL who previously competed on The Bachelor's thirteenth season
Nikki may have been dismissed by Jason Mesnick after a two-on-one date, but will her romantic past with a fellow contestant work to her advantage this time around?
- Peyton Wright, a 27-year-old in cheerleader apparel sales from Dallas, TX who previously competed on The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman
Peyton's sweet nature was not enough to keep Andy Baldwin interested and she was abruptly abandoned on an aircraft carrier during a two-on-one date. Will she be tough enough to hang with the Bachelor Pad crew?
- Tenley Molzahan, a 26-year-old in college admissions from Huntington Beach, CA who previously competed in The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love
Fan-favorite Tenley fell just short of walking down the aisle with Jake Pavelka when he chose the controversial Vienna Girardi as his bride.
- Wes Hayden, a 33-year-old country music artist from Austin, TX who previously competed on The Bachelorette's fifth season
Wes just may be the most notorious participant in The Bachelor history, having admitted to joining The Bachelorette in search of stardom instead of love with Jillian Harris.