'The Voice' completes coaches' teams and determines Top 48 artists
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 02/28/2012
The Voice is done discovering its new batch of voices.
The Voice's musician coaches Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, and Blake Shelton completed their second-season teams and finished determining the NBC reality singing competition's 48 artists during Monday night's broadcast of the season's fifth episode.
With the selection of the final 48 contestants during the show's "blind auditions" phase over, The Voice's second season will now feature "battle" rounds beginning with a two-hour episode on Monday, March 5 at 8PM ET/PT.
The "battle" rounds will chronicle Aguilera, Green, Levine, and Shelton and their musical advisors as they train and mentor their selected singers before having them square off two at a time to sing the same song in a series of singing face-offs that will decide which person will advance and which one will be eliminated from the competition.
Aguilera will be advised by Lionel Richie and former Nashville Star host and judge Jewel, Levine will team up with Alanis Morissette and Robin Thicke, Shelton will work with former Nashville Star finalist (and wife) Miranda Lambert and former American Idol champion Kelly Clarkson, and Cee Lo Green will be assisted by Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds and Ne-Yo.
Once the "battle" rounds have concluded, The Voice will switch to live performance shows featuring the remaining contestants. Home viewers will get to vote to save one member of each team, and then each coach will have to eliminate one or more of the other members of his or her team.
After each coach's team is narrowed to a single contestant, the four remaining singers will compete directly against each other in the finale and viewers will vote to crown one of them "The Voice," winning the singer a recording contract with Universal Music Group. Details regarding additional prizes have yet to be disclosed.
The Voice's 48 second-season contestants -- and their NBC-released biographical information -- are:
- Angel Taylor, a singer from Los Angeles, CA
- Chris Cauley, a singer from Alpharetta, GA
- Karla Davis, a singer from Monroe, NC
- Katrina Parker, a singer from Holly Ridge, NC
- Kim Yarbrough, a singer from Memphis, TN, who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Mathai, a singer from Dallas, TX
- Nathan Parrett, a singer from Tabor City, NC
- Nicolle Galyon, a singer from Sterling, KS
- Orlando Napier, a singer from Santa Barbara, CA
- Phillip "Pip" Arnold, a singer from Marietta, GA
- "The Shields Brothers" Rory and Tristan, a duo from Rixeyville, VA
- Tony Vincent, a singer from Albuquerque, NM
- Wade, a singer from Harvest, AL
- Anthony Evans, a singer from Dallas, TX
- Ashley De La Rosa, a singer from Orlando, FL
- Chris Mann, a singer from Wichita, KS
- Jesse Campbell, a singer from Chicago, IL
- Jonathas, a singer from Austin, TX
- Geoff McBride, a singer from Santa Rosa Beach, FL
- Lee Koch, a singer from Temecula, CA
- Lindsey Pavao, a singer from Macteca, CA
- Monique Benabou, a singer from Alameda, CA
- Moses Stone, a singer from Laurel, MD
- Sera Hill, a singer from Stone Mountain, GA
- "The LiNE" Hailey and Leland, a duo from Wentworth, SD, who currently reside in Coco Beach, FL
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.