The CW announces 'Crowned' to debut December 12, reveals cast
By Christopher Rocchio, 11/13/2007
The CW has announced Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants, a new reality series that will require mothers and daughters to work together to win a beauty pageant, will premiere Wednesday, December 12 at 9PM ET/PT and revealed the identities the 12 teams who will compete in the competition.
Crowned will follow the mother/daughter teams as they compete in various challenges that will cover all aspects of a traditional beauty pageant. One mother/daughter pair will be eliminated in at the end of each of the show's first seven episodes, after which the remaining women will compete in a Crowned beauty pageant that will award one team $100,000 cash award and a pair of tiaras.
Following its premiere broadcast -- which will air immediately after America's Next Top Model's ninth-season finale broadcast -- Crowned will move into Top Model's Wednesdays at 8PM ET/PT time period beginning December 19. Its finale is currently scheduled to air on January 30.
The 12 mother/daughter teams competing on Crowned as well as their hometowns are:
- Ada and her daughter Christian, who are both from Dallas, TX
- Andrea and her daughter Amanda, who are both from Albuquerque, NM
- Angela, who is from Orange Park, FL, and her daughter Tenia, who resides in New York, NY
- Annette and her daughter Alana, who are both from Hayworth, CA
- Brenda and her daughter Heather, who are both from Parkersburg, WV
- Gina, who is from Ft. Worth, TX, and her daughter Hollis, who resides in New York, NY
- Jill, who is from Wilmington, DE, and her daughter Nicole, who resides in Newark, DE
- Melinda and her daughter Rachelle, who are both from Chandler, AZ
- Moya and her daughter Jenileigh, who are both from Duarte, CA
- Pamela and her daughter Felicia, who are both from Tonawanda, NY
- Patty, who is from Orlando, FL, and her daughter Laura, who resides in Nashville, TN